Emergency Department Technician (Per Diem)Job ID SCH-1900348 Date Posted 01/08/2019 Location Crescent City, California
The Emergency Department Technician is a member of the patient care team who performs a variety of tasks and activities to meet patient and department needs consistent with the scope of practice for an unlicensed practitioner. The Emergency Department Technician must manage multiple demands on his/her time to support the activity of the nursing staff, facilitate the timely flow of patients through the department, and to ensure that the department is stocked and ready to receive and treat patients at all times. Provides basic patient care.
Education / Certification / Licensure:
* High School diploma required
* EMT or C.N.A. Certification required
* BLS - Healthcare Provider required
* Previous experience in a health care setting performing direct patient care preferred.
* Military medical or emergency department experience preferred.
* Previous secretary experience in a clinical setting preferred.
* Principles of body mechanics required
* Ability to write legibly and spell correctly required.
* Knowledge of medical terminology and basic anatomy preferred.
* Ability to speak and communicate English clearly, ability to express thoughts coherently, ability to follow social norms.
* Good interpersonal and communications skills required.
* Willingness and ability to learn tasks through on the job training required.
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Per Diem
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: Per Diem
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.