RN - Hospice Team Nurse
Nurses at Sutter Health are at the core of our relationships with patients and families, who trust us to provide them with the personalized care they deserve at the most vulnerable moments of their lives.
Our nurses helped create and embrace Sutter’s Nursing Philosophy of Care, a foundation that blends with Sutter’s core values to provide nurses with a unique and diverse environment where they can reach their full potential.
No matter what stage of your career, you’ll find a culture where we care about one another and offer a vast range of choices and possibilities to work with some of the most talented clinicians in the country.
- JOB TYPE: Full Time
- JOB LEVEL: All Levels
- TRAVEL: Home Health & Hospice Only
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
Paid Time Off
Holidays, sick days, leaves of absence
Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
Corporate Discount and Perks
Exclusive pricing and discounts at a variety of retailers
ResponsibilitiesJob ID SCAH-1924347 Date Posted 02/14/2020 Location Concord, California Schedule/Shift Full Time/ Day/Evening
- Registered Nurse – California State Licensure – RN Required.
- Driver License, Valid and in State – Required.
- Automobile Insurance – Required.
- Basic Life Support Certification – BLS Required.
- Minimum of one year of experience in an acute care setting required.
- Direct patient care experience within the past five years required.
- One year of experience in a home health or hospice position preferred.
- Participation in a training program for Hospice volunteers or coursework in death and dying/hospice care is preferred.
- Must have the ability to function independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team; ability to exercise independent, sound nursing judgment in planning and providing patient care.
- Exhibits knowledge of patho-physiology and accepted treatment protocols for common home care diagnoses.
- Knowledge of safety and infection control principles.
- Knowledge of state and federal home care regulatory guidelines preferred.
- Demonstrated clinical assessment skills.
- Ability to recognize the special needs of Hospice patients and others in the home.
- Ability to communicate with patients and significant others in an effective, mature, caring manner.
- Ability to maintain harmonious constructive relationships with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of palliative care for the terminally ill patient.
- Must be able to recognize unsafe or emergency situations and act appropriately.
- Must be able to meet company productivity standards as indicated by organization and manager.
- Is responsible for maintaining all required licensure and certifications.
- At orientation and annually thereafter, must be able to meet Sutter VNA & Hospice core competencies for position and area of specialty, as appropriate. Clinical competence is evaluated by review during joint visits in the clinical practice setting.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day/Evening
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Every Other Weekend
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started