Sonographer - Cardiology
Our imaging professionals care for patients and their family members in collaboration with clinicians to provide imaging services of the utmost quality.
At Sutter Health, you’ll have access to industry-leading technology as well as the opportunity to develop your career, whether that’s working in multiple modalities, moving into the CT, MRI or cardiac cath lab, or pursuing other fulfilling paths.
If you’re a gifted communicator with the flexibility to meet patient needs, take your place on our team. Explore this opportunity and join us today.
- JOB TYPE: Full Time
- JOB LEVEL: Mid-Level
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
Paid Time Off
Holidays, sick days, leaves of absence
Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
Corporate Discount and Perks
Exclusive pricing and discounts at a variety of retailers
ResponsibilitiesJob ID PAMF - 1921687 Date Posted 01/14/2020 Location Burlingame, California Schedule/Shift Full Time / Day
Working with and under the direction of the Supervisor / Manager to utilize sound to provide diagnostic quality images for the purpose of delivering quality healthcare to our patients.
• Assists patient with dressing and undressing in a pleasant manner when necessary
• Assists patient on and off exam table and positions patient properly in order to obtain required images
• Identifies patients with special needs and provides appropriate assistance
• Performs sonographic procedures on patient based on department policy and procedures
• Demonstrates anatomy under investigation through proper patient positioning and technique selection
• Performs color Doppler and be able to identify anomalies and take alternative scanning techniques to demonstrate pathology
Knowledge of diagnostic principles, procedures and equipment. Knowledge of diagnostic sonography principles and procedures as well as operation and maintenance of ultrasound imaging equipment as normally acquired through experience and completion of an approved School of Ultrasound Technology. Verbal and written communication skills for frequent contact with physicians, employees, patients and patient families; requires patience and compassion.
- High School Diploma (Required) or equivalent education/experience
- BA/BS in health field (or equivalent) preferred
- Graduate from a formal school of Ultrasound required
- Current AHA BLS/CPR certificate
- American Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer - ARDMS required (For Cardiology: RDCS or RVT or RVS or CCI -RCS 1 year time frame to complete from date of hire).
- 0-5 years' experience and number of ARDMS certifications will determine position level and salary ranges - required.
- 6-9 years' experience and number of ARDMS certifications will determine position level and salary ranges - required.
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8-12 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started