EVS Technician (Full Time, TEMPORARY) - 2Job ID CWP-2018601 Date Posted 11/03/2020 Location Burlingame, California Schedule/Shift Temporary/Contract/ Day/Night
Thank you for your interest in temporary contract opportunities with RightSourcing at Sutter Health and wanting to assist our team that proudly cares for more than 3 million of our neighbors across Northern California.
• Following Infection Control Policies, the employee maintains a clean, sanitary, safe, and esthetically pleasing environment for patients, staff, and visitors
• Cleans occupied patient rooms, and rooms between patients (discharges) following department procedures
• Cleans other assigned areas within the Patient Care Units
• Performs Patient Transports following department procedures
• Uses a computer to access APEX Hyperspace to accept and close-out discharge bed assignments and patient transport assignments
• Disposes of waste (trash, biohazardous waste, recycling) and soiled linen following departmental procedures
• Uses approved cleaning chemicals to maintain the cleanliness of assigned areas
• Uses proper body mechanics and body alignment when moving furniture and equipment when perform your duties
• Complete the training for Medications and Auxiliary Staff Competency
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
High school graduation or equivalent required.
Experience as an Environmental Services Technician is preferred, but not required. Experience with stripping and refinishing hard surface floors, extraction of carpets and upholstery, and other project cleaning duties in a health care setting is highly preferred.
Basis skills in reading, writing and mathematics are required. Ability to effectively communicate the English language in writing and orally. Knowledge of proper use and handling of EVS hazardous chemicals used for floor stripping, carpet extracting, spotting, and shampooing, and other cleaning chemicals is required. Must be able to read, use, and apply all information included in MSDS related to the EVS department. Knowledge of corrective, restorative, and preventative procedures and processes for effective floor care, carpet care, upholstery, and walls and ceilings, are required.
Must have, or be willing to learn the operation of all equipment used in Environmental Services, especially floor scrubbers/burnishers/shampooers, and battery-operated extractors, scrubbers, and vacuum cleaners. Knowledge of housekeeping fundamentals required. Incumbent must have ability to quickly learn and apply new processes.
This position requires extensive standing, walking, stooping, pushing and lifting daily 50 pounds of supplies, equipment, and furniture. Special moves can be as much as 200 pounds, with assistance and approved safety lifting devices. Due to the nature of project work, the incumbent must be able/willing to work varied shifts on a regular basis.
Employee Status: Limited Term
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day/Night
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Every Weekend
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 32
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started