Dietary Assistant I - Food & Nutrition ServicesJob ID MPHS-1916953 Date Posted 09/18/2020 Location Burlingame, California Schedule/Shift Per Diem/ Variable
Performs a variety of routine duties related to the preparation and serving of food; cleaning and sanitation of kitchen area and cafe; washing of dishes and cooking utensils, cash handling and good customer service. Principal accountabilities include:
- Prepares for cafeteria\catering services before and after service
- Prepares a variety of cold food items involving tasks such as selecting, measuring, grinding, slicing, cutting and mixing ingredients
- Sets up and serves patient trays in accordance with established schedule and procedures
- Stores and maintains prepared and partially prepared foods in optimum condition and according to department policies
- Sets up food stations, rotates and keeps them stocked, politely and accurately serves customers, ensuring that all standards of food quality are met (cafeteria, catering)
- Maintains cafeteria cash register.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Culinary Arts experience preferred
- ServSafe Certification preferred.
- Previous experience in food service, preferably in a healthcare environment required.
- Knowledge of safe food handling and sanitation
- Ability to perform simple computations, record keeping and cash handling
- Basic computer skills to include keyboarding, mouse movement and data entry skills, Microsoft Outlook, Kronos, and Micros (cash registers),
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize tasks in order to complete assignments within the time allotted and maintain standard workflow
- Ability to work with others in a flexible, cooperative manner
- Strong communication and active listening skills; including excellent interpersonal skills.
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours: 4 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Every Weekend
Schedule: Per Diem
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: Per Diem
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/VeteransApply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started