Supervisor, Clinical LaboratoryJob ID R-1213 Date Posted 08/29/2022 Location Berkeley, California Schedule/Shift Regular/Days
Organization:SEBMF-East Bay Medical Foundation
Position Overview:Supervises and oversees the day-to-day operations and activities of assigned laboratory function(s) involved in pre- and/or post-analytical work. Establishes work priorities, and assists staff in resolving operational issues/problems. Implements and enforces adherence to department, affiliate,
operating unit, and/or system standards, policies and procedures, regulatory standards, and applicable laws and regulations
Identifies and implements cost savings and best practices, using Lean or other process improvement methods and concepts.
Collaborates with others to coordinate services, streamline and standardize work flows and procedures, and/or drive positive
HS Diploma or equivalent education/experience
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician Level I - CPT I or Certified Phlebotomy Technician Level II - CPT II
EXPERIENCE PREFERED EXPERIENCE AS TYPICALLY ACQUIRED in
- 5 years experience in specimen handling/ phlebotomy operations.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Solid understanding of pre/post analytical laboratory operations and workflows and how department’s
- process/workflow impacts other flows or departments.
- Well versed in all aspects of office procedures, phlebotomy and medical terminology as pertains to
- laboratory testing requirements and processing
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable local, state, federal and other health care laws, regulations
- and requirements – e.g., The Joint Commission (TJC), Clinical Lab Improvement Amendments (CLIA), Medi-Cal, Medicare.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including team building, and coaching/mentoring with the ability to
- motivate and engage others.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve technical and operational issues problems as guided by
- policies, and procedures, or guidance from leadership.
- Understands age specific needs in providing care to patient population served.
- Verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle difficult circumstances and make sound business decisions with little direction.
- Demonstrates organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple
- projects while delivering quality service/achieving business results.
- Demonstrates commitment to providing exceptional customer service and responding to customer
- needs/requests in a prompt, courteous manner.
- Ability to use essential software and applications associated with the role’s duties and responsibilities.
Days of the Week:Variable
Weekend Requirements:Every Weekend
Number of Openings:1
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Apply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started