Respiratory Care Practitioner IIJob ID SAFH-2100696 Date Posted 01/13/2021 Location Auburn, California Schedule/Shift Per Diem/ Variable
Performs therapeutic, diagnostic, and emergency respiratory care procedures and provides assessment, treatment, care and evaluation for patients with respiratory insufficiencies.
- Administers medications and treatments and evaluates patient outcomes.
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment.
- Develops, implements, and coordinates the plan of care based on the diagnosis.
- Educates the patient and family about prevention and management of cardiopulmonary diseases; provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Performs all respiratory care modalities.
- Provides routine diagnostic modalities.
- Responds to emergency resuscitation team calls: Code Blue/Rapid Response.
Education, including Licensure/ Certification/ Registration:
- Graduate of Respiratory Care Program accredited by the Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Current California State Licensure by the Respiratory Care Board.
- Must have current American Heart Association BLS-HCPC recognition or Greater Sacramento Region - Healthcare provider.
- NRP is required within 6 months of hire.
- PALS is required within 6 months of hire.
- Intubation Certification is required.
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology, chemistry, and physics.
- Knowledge of bedside pulmonary function testing; mechanics and equipment.
- Knowledge of arterial puncture and blood gas analysis, equipment and quality control.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the Joint Commision on Accredidation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards and College of American Pathologists (CAP) accreditation standards.
- Acute care clinical experience in Respiratory Care, training in arterial puncture and blood gas analysis.
- Previous experience in performing EKG is desired.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment and take appropriate actions in volatile situations.
- Must be able to understand, read and write the English language.
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Rotating
Schedule: Per Diem
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: Per Diem
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/VeteransApply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started