Float Health Information Management (HIM) RepresentativeJob ID R-20102 Date Posted 11/23/2022 Location Auburn, California Schedule/Shift/Weekly Hours Regular/Days/40
Organization:SAFH-Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital
Position Overview:Receives and processes requests for medical record copies within appropriate timeframes according to state and federal law. Prepares, scans, indexes, and performs quality assurance on patient documents entered into the electronic health record. Analyzes records for incomplete or missing deficiencies in accordance with medical staff bylaws. Locates and tracks legacy records. Coordinates merges of medical records across systems and physical charts, ensuring completeness and accuracy, following all policies and procedures.
Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the required degree or diploma.
- HS Diploma or equivalent education/experience.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AS TYPICALLY ACQUIRED IN:
- 2 years of demonstrated experience and a proven track record in hospital business operations, information systems and applications.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of The Joint Commission (TJC) standards, California Medical Information Act (CMIA), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Conditions of Participation (COP), Title 22, AAAHC (ASC), IMQ, and other state and federal laws as appropriate.
- Knowledge of changes in laws relating to release of information by regular attendance of Regional, State and National seminars.
- Basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- Familiarity with HIM within the Revenue Cycle.
- General knowledge of all areas related to Document Imaging/Forms Management and how they interrelate.
- Ability to communicate ideas both verbally and in writing to influence others using one-on-one contact and group discussions.
Days of the Week:Friday, Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Number of Openings:1
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment. Applicants for specific positions are still required to disclose certain convictions during the application process, and those convictions may also be considered in determining eligibility for employment in accordance with applicable law.Apply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started