Administrative Health Internship Summer 2020
Search and Apply
If you’re in your first year in your MBA, MHA, MPH or MSN with dual degree MBA, MHA, MPH or JD program, spend your summer getting hands-on, specialized administrative experience as an intern at Sutter Health. In our program, you’ll work on a 10- to 12-week project in settings ranging from acute care hospitals and ambulatory care environments, to medical groups and foundations.
Looking to understand the challenges facing today’s healthcare delivery systems? An internship at Sutter Health will provide you with invaluable insight into the workings of our integrated, not-for-profit healthcare system.
10- to 12-week summer program
Competitive salary and housing provided
One-on-one mentoring with our executives
Engaging in meaningful projects
For more information about the Administrative Healthcare Internship, please contact: email@example.com
Below is a partial list of outstanding projects and initiatives in which past interns have played a major role in leading and/or collaborating at Sutter Health:
- Lead a team of Directors to reduce the average bed-is-down
- Conducted financial analysis to identify root causes for Skilled Nursing Facility costs
- Develop process maps for transferring patients from outlying hospitals
- Produced a project plan for Chief Nursing Executive’s Brilliant at the Basic Project
- Assisted COO at the Command Center with the CDPH General Acute Care Relicensing Survey
To qualify, you must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and you must be a current graduate student of an accredited university in the first year of a MBA-health/healthcare management focus, MHA, MPH-health management & policy focus, JD or MSN with dual degree MBA, MHA, or MPH programs, with expressed interest in healthcare administration. Sutter Health is unable to sponsor work visas at this time and in the future.
Application and Selection Process
- Application submission dates: December 2, 2019 - January 6, 2020
- Summer Cohort May 18, 2020 - August 7, 2020
Online, with application:
- One-page statement of internship and career objectives
- One page volunteer/community benefit activities statement
- Two letters of recommendation: one academic, one professional
- Official Undergraduate Transcripts
Original letters of recommendation and official undergraduate transcripts can be mailed in a sealed envelope directly to:
2700 Gateway Oaks Dr., Ste. 1200
Sacramento, CA 95833
Attn: Administrative Internship Program
Letters of recommendation (submitted by author) and e-transcripts (submitted by registrar office) may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application filing period starts on December 2, 2019. All required documents and online applications must be submitted by the deadline of January 6, 2020 in order to be considered for the Summer 2020 Program.
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started