Patrick E. Fry Fellowship for Excellence in Healthcare Leadership
Search and Apply
In our Patrick E. Fry Fellowship for Excellence in Healthcare Leadership, you’ll receive hands-on, specialized administrative experience in a variety of settings—acute care hospitals, medical groups/foundations, and ambulatory care environments. You’ll deepen your understanding of the challenges facing today’s healthcare delivery systems, and gain insight into the workings of our integrated, not-for-profit healthcare system.
"I have been fortunate to have had a long career with Sutter Health since my fellowship and the organization has continued to invest in my professional development over the years."
President, Sacramento Market
Sutter Fellow, Class of 2004 - 2005
Develop your leadership skills while engaging in high impact regional and system-wide projects
Receive one-on-one mentoring with a Sutter Health executive
Learn through multiple skill assessments, workshops, field visits, and alumni panels
By giving you a solid grounding in today’s healthcare delivery systems, our fellowship program will prepare you to lead the way to the future.
Below is a partial list of outstanding projects and initiatives in which past Fellows have played a major role in leading and/or collaborating at Sutter Health:
Sample Fellowship Projects:
- Creating and implementing a comprehensive dashboard for the pediatric department. The Dashboard includes tracking of transfers and growth opportunities leading to several business plans being created.
- Leading a hospital-wide initiative to address burnout throughout the hospital. Applied for and received funding for a 6 month pilot that include training sessions taught by a multidisciplinary team. Measures include raising the Culture of Safety and Environment of Work scores.
- Created and presented business plans outlining possible programs for hospital, including pro forma and risk assessment allowing leadership to make informed decisions on where to utilize hospital/foundation resources.
To qualify, you must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. Sutter Health is unable to sponsor work visas for this position currently and in the future.
You must be a current graduate student at an accredited university in one or more of the following programs AND must confer graduation between July 2023 – July 2024:
- MBA-health/healthcare management focus
- MPH-health management & policy focus
- MSN with dual degree MBA, MHA, or MPH programs, with expressed interest in healthcare administration
For the 2024-2025 Administrative Fellowship Program, please apply online:Administrative-Fellowship-Program-July-2024-July-2025
The application process consists of submitting all required documentation. Applications will go through a thorough review process. Those moving to the next phase of selection will be asked to participate in a series of interviews.
Please upload the required documents to your online application:
- Resume (including Volunteer/Community Benefit activities)
- One-page statement of fellowship and career objectives
- Two letters of recommendation (one professional, one academic)
Will be requested separately should a candidate be advanced in the interview process:
- Unofficial Graduate transcripts or completed Graduate transcripts
The application period for the 2024-2025 Administrative Fellowship Program will be from July 10, 2023 – August 11, 2023
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started