Patrick E. Fry Fellowship for Excellence in Healthcare Leadership
Search and Apply
In our Patrick E. Fry Fellowship for Excellence in Healthcare Leadership, you’ll receive hands-on, specialized administrative experience in a variety of settings—acute care hospitals, medical groups/foundations, and ambulatory care environments. You’ll deepen your understanding of the challenges facing today’s healthcare delivery systems, and gain insight into the workings of our integrated, not-for-profit healthcare system.
"I have been fortunate to have had a long career with Sutter Health since my fellowship and the organization has continued to invest in my professional development over the years."
Hospital Area CEO & AFP Executive Sponsor
Sutter Fellow, Class of 2004 - 2005
Develop your leadership skills while engaging in high impact regional and system-wide projects
Receive one-on-one mentoring with a Sutter Health executive
Learn through multiple skill assessments, workshops, field visits, and alumni panels
By giving you a solid grounding in today’s healthcare delivery systems, our fellowship program will prepare you to lead the way to the future.
Below is a partial list of outstanding projects and initiatives in which past Fellows have played a major role in leading and/or collaborating at Sutter Health:
Sample Fellowship Projects:
- Creating and implementing a comprehensive dashboard for the pediatric department. The Dashboard includes tracking of transfers and growth opportunities leading to several business plans being created.
- Leading a hospital-wide initiative to address burnout throughout the hospital. Applied for and received funding for a 6 month pilot that include training sessions taught by a multidisciplinary team. Measures include raising the Culture of Safety and Environment of Work scores.
- Created and presented business plans outlining possible programs for hospital, including pro forma and risk assessment allowing leadership to make informed decisions on where to utilize hospital/foundation resources.
To qualify, you must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. Sutter Health is unable to sponsor work visas for this position currently and in the future.
You must be a current graduate student at an accredited university in one or more of the following programs AND must confer graduation between July 8, 2022 – July 7, 2023:
- MBA-health/healthcare management focus
- MPH-health management & policy focus
- MSN with dual degree MBA, MHA, or MPH programs, with expressed interest in healthcare administration
Application and Selection Process
The application process consists of submitting all required documentation. Applications will go through a thorough review process. Those moving to the next phase of selection will be asked to participate in a series of interviews.
Online, with application:
- One-page statement of internship and career objectives
- Volunteer/Community Benefit activities
- Two letters of recommendation, one professional, one academic
- Graduate transcripts
The application deadline for the 2023-2024 Administrative Fellowship Program has passed.
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started