Patient Services Representative (TEMPORARY)Job ID CWP-2103866 Date Posted 03/26/2021 Location San Francisco, California Schedule/Shift Temporary/Contract/ Day
Thank you for your interest in temporary contract opportunities with RightSourcing at Sutter Health and wanting to assist our team that proudly cares for more than 3 million of our neighbors across Northern California.
Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation is a not for profit corporation that exists to provide medical services, research and education. The foundation provides the infrastructure for the delivery of physician services, and contracts with a separate corporation comprised of physicians and other care providers to deliver the clinical services. This multi-specialty foundation will provide a platform from which new physicians can be recruited to continue to provide physician services in a nonprofit, community setting. The Foundation's vision is to create a medical group that will deliver high quality, market competitive medical services.
Under direct supervision by the Practice Administrative Manager, this position provides administrative support for patients and physicians in the Practice. The Patient Service Representative (PSR) is the initial point of contact for external physicians and the public at large. The incumbent must possess exceptional public relations/customer service skills and be able to communicate with patients and physicians in an effective manner. Primary responsibilities are to identify the needs of the caller and execute a plan to meet the needs for registration, scheduling, billing/claims inquiries, My Health Online support, and general questions. In addition to being able to assist in resolving issues and improving quality of care, to ensure necessary authorizations are obtained prior to patient visits, to check-in and check-out patients, to post payments in real time, to update patient demographics, and to troubleshoot any billing problems that may arise.
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Minimum of two years customer service experience, preferably within a health care environment. Experience working with patients and physicians, using IDX and Epic preferred. Experience with busy phone lines also strongly preferred.
- Requires exceptional communication and customer service skills, strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and manage a great number of details and multi-task with strong follow through are mandatory.
- Ability to take initiative, learn quickly and actively, participate as part of an administrative team also mandatory.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as an ability to learn new programs with ease.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff, volunteers and the general public.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable with people in all stages of health and healing.
- Must adhere to HIPAA regulations and maintain clinic, physician, RN and patient confidentially.
Employee Status: Temporary
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/VeteransApply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started