Surgical Technologist II (Certified) Surgery CenterJob ID PAMF-2009722 Date Posted 09/16/2020 Location San Carlos, California Schedule/Shift Full Time/ Day
This position will perform a variety of duties that involve assisting physicians and nurses with the preparation of surgical equipment, direct assistance during operations, and scrub duties and responsibilities in the operating room. Functions as a member of the Perioperative team, transporting patients outside of the department.Maintains aseptic environment within the OR and PACU.Responsible for the care and maintenance of instruments and securing of necessary equipment, instruments and supplies for Perioperative procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education/experience required.
- Meets Surgical Technology I requirements and is NBSTSA certified required or greater than 5 years experience required.
- Certified Surgical Technician - CST / NBSTSA Certified preferred upon hire.
- Current Basic Life Support Certification - BLS from AHA required upon hire.
- 6 to 9 years. Greater than 5 years of surgical technology experience required.
- Knowledge of operating room preparation needs based on surgical procedure.
- Basic knowledge of aseptic technique.
- Comprehends basic anatomy and physiology related to surgical procedures.
- Understands the functions and use of instruments, supplies and equipment as they relate to the surgical patient.
- Knowledge of decontamination and sterilization of all instrumentation used in the OR.
- Verbal and written communication skills for frequent and challenging contact with physicians, employees, patients and patient families; requires patience, tack and compassion.
- Basic computer skills to include keyboarding, mouse movement and data entry skills to enter information into practice management and EHR.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work with others in a flexible and cooperative manner.
- Ability to lift and position patients properly using best practices.
- Visual capabilities to observe patients and instruments.
- Ability to maintain composure during challenging interpersonal interactions.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Applies moderate mental application and concentration to handle varying procedures and interruptions.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in at least 5 of the 10 specified services: General Surgery, Orthopedics, Podiatry, ENT, EYE, Urology, GYN, Vascular, Lithotripsy or Plastics - or be able to after 6 months.
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 10 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started