Pharmacy Technician - Inpatient (Limited-term)Job ID SRMC-2019551 Date Posted 11/20/2020 Location Roseville, California Schedule/Shift Part Time/ Night
This is a seven nights on / seven nights off limited-term position with an anticipated duration of approximately 32 weeks.
Provides timely and accurate pharmaceutical care, including procurement, storage, preparation and distribution ofmedications and IV solutions, under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
- Completes order-entry procedures.
- Performs inventory management functions.
- Performs medication product distribution. This may involve automated or non-automated processes.
- Performs quality control and documentation.
- Prepares chemotherapy products.
- Prepares IV/Piggyback and Enteral/Parenteral products. Examples include epidurals, narcotic infusions and Patient Controlled Analgesia.
- Prepares oral, topical and injectable products. Examples include unit dose, cart fill, repackaging bulk medications, liquids, pedipods, extemporaneously compounded products, antineoplastics and syrups.
- Uses and troubleshoots automated pharmaceutical technology.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Education / Certification / Registration:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited pharmacy technician program or equivalent as defined by CA State law.
- Registration with California State Board of Pharmacy required.
- Certification through Pharmacy Technician Certification Board, Inc. desirable.
- At least one year related experience as a pharmacy technician is preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, generic and trade pharmaceutical names, pharmaceutical calculations and laws and regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of different Pharmacy practice settings, including narcotic delivery and procedures.
- Knowledge and ability to identify and employ pharmaceutical and medical terms, abbreviations and symbols commonly used in prescribing, dispensing, and record keeping of medications.
- Knowledge of and the ability to carry out calculations for common dosage determination. Knowledge and understanding of the identification of medications, medication dosages, routes of administration, dosage forms, and storage requirements.
- Requires a basic working knowledge of legal requirements and accreditation standards including TJC (The Joint Commission), Title XXII, DHS, DEA, FDA and USP.
- Able to use a computer.
- Ability to perform the manipulative and record keeping functions involved in and related todispensing prescriptions, manufacturing, packaging, and labeling of medication products.
- May interpret and enterphysician orders.
- Perform sterile parenteral procedures using proper aseptic technique.
- Must have the skills toproduce accurate work results within established timeframes.
Employee Status: Limited Term
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Night
Shift Hours: 10 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Every Other Weekend
Schedule: Part Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 70
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started