Thank you for your interest in working within the Sutter Health System. Our organization is implementing two exciting enhancements, a transition of the technology that supports our employment application process and the realignment of our jobs to a common career framework across our system. These changes will further enhance the career development experience for our employees and applicants. As a result of this change, there may be adjustments to job descriptions, job postings, and job titles between May and July 2022. Any impacts on you as an applicant will be shared directly with you throughout the selection process. Thank you for your patience and continued interest in working for Sutter Health!
Intake Assessment Therapist IIJob ID R-6879 Date Posted 08/05/2022 Location Roseville, California Schedule/Shift Regular/Days
Organization:SRMC-Sutter Roseville Med Center
Position Overview:Provides and coordinates telephone intake and crisis intervention services by performing psychosocial assessments and crisis intervention services to patients identified as having psychiatric or chemical dependency problems. Obtains insurance authorization for patients requiring behavioral health services and facilitates referral to physicians and psychotherapists.
Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the required degree or diploma.
Master's: social work, counseling, or related field or equivalent education/experience
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
CPI-Crisis Prevention Institute
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledgeable in child, adolescent, chemical dependency, adult and geriatric psychopathology, treatment and comprehensive mental status screening. Must be competent in crisis interventions.
- Familiar with legal issues and California laws relating to the voluntary and involuntary treatment of the mentally ill and chemically dependent. Possess an understanding of current insurance benefits and medical necessity in the area of mental health.
- Familiar with criteria for disposition to all possible levels of care within the mental health continuum in the community.
- Familiar with community resources in the care of the mentally ill. Knowledge of PC and basic programs.
- Ability to work in an environment where patients and their families/representatives may be experiencing stress.
- Ability to take appropriate actions in volatile situations. Mental Health interviewing and screening skills required.
- Demonstrates sound clinical judgment, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to interpret complex insurance regulations and authorization.
- Detail oriented and have excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer relation skills.
License/Certifications:CPI-Crisis Prevention Institute - Crisis Prevention Institute
Days of the Week:Variable
Weekend Requirements:Every other Weekend
Number of Openings:1
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Apply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started