Staff Nurse II, ICU/CPU SummitJob ID R-58128 Date Posted 12/18/2023 Location Oakland, California Schedule/Shift/Weekly Hours Regular/Evenings/24
Position Overview:Applying the principles of the nursing process and working within the policies/procedures of the Patient Care Services Department and the Medical Center, the staff nurse is a registered nurse (RN) who, as the patient's primary nurse, is responsible and accountable for:
* The overall management of the nursing care provided, assuring competent, compassionate and cost-effective patient care from admission to discharge;
* Assuring the safety, comfort, personal hygiene and protection of patients and performing disease prevention and restorative measures;
* Responding to medical and environmental emergencies
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Demonstrates working knowledge of patient care techniques, medications, treatments and general health care procedures
Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work in fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
• provide basic patient care to a diverse patient population
• read/interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations
• write legibly and effectively present ideas, document activities
• demonstrate leadership abilities
• deal with problems involving several variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
Minimum 2 year of adult intensive care experience,including advanced hemodynamic monitoring Required.
IABP, CRRT/Cardiovascular open heart recovery experience preferred.
Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing Required.
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Registered Nurse - State Licensure - RN Required
Basic Life Support Certification - BLS Required
Critical Care Registered Nurse - CCRN Preferred
Advanced Cardiac Life Support - ACLS Required
NIH Stroke Scale Certification - NIHSS Preferred upon hire and/ or within 2 weeks of starting orientation
Days of the Week:Variable
Weekend Requirements:Every other Weekend
Number of Openings:1
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Sutter Health is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Pay Range is $71.10 to $96.21 / hour
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors including but not limited to a candidate’s experience, education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity, training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment. Applicants for specific positions are still required to disclose certain convictions during the application process, and those convictions may also be considered in determining eligibility for employment in accordance with applicable law.Apply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started