Surgical TechnicianJob ID SOPS-1925772 Date Posted 02/14/2020 Location Novato, California Schedule/Shift Full Time/ Day
Assists surgical team during operative procedures. Arranges and inventories sterile set-up for surgery, and passes items as needed to the operating team. Assists in preparing and moving patients, and in cleaning the operating room.
• High School graduate or equivalent education/experience
• Graduate of approved course for OR Surgical Technologists or equivalent training required
• Surgical Technologist Certification preferred and/or equivalent training
• BLS Required
• Clinical experience as would typically be obtained in two (2) years required.
• Significant surgical scrub experience is required.
• Technical training to include aseptic technique and sterile processing required.
• Extensive knowledge of instrumentation and equipment required for multiple specialties required.
• Extensive knowledge regarding sterile processing requirements required.
• An excellent understanding of infection control processes required.
• Ability to communicate well with other healthcare professionals as well as with lay persons required.
• Ability to operate and trouble-shoot surgical equipment required.
• Must be able to operate SPD equipment: ultrasonic, washer decontaminators, autoclaves, and other sterilizing equipment.
• Computer skills are required
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started