Sterile Processing Technician Surgery CenterJob ID PAMF-2104405 Date Posted 05/03/2021 Location Mountain View, California Schedule/Shift Full Time/ Variable
- Identifies, inspects and assembles all general medical instruments
- Tests equipment and follows appropriate QA guidelines
- Attaches scope to leak tester and performs leak tests while wearing protective equipment
- Reports any leaks to manager or supervisor.
- Selects appropriate sterilization method and cycle following guidelines of device and sterilizer manufacturers, Sterile Processing Department and professional organizations (eg ANSI/AAMI, AORN, etc.)
- Inspects, disassembles, sorts, cleans and processes reusable instrumentation and equipment.
- Follows the commitment to excellence and treats patients, families, visitors and each other with courtesy, dignity, respect and professionalism.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum 6 months sterile processing experience.
- Completed Sterile Processing Technician course with 200 hours internship
- Current certification as a Certified Sterile Processing & Distribution Technician (CSPDT) by the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution or as a Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) by the International Association of Healthcare Central Service and Material Management.
- Knowledge of sterilization monitoring , record keeping and quality assurance protocols
- Knowledge of surgical equipment such as washer/ decontaminators, steam and gas sterilizers, endoscopic equipment and cleaners, etc.
- Knowledge of how to properly clean/decontaminate basic medical and surgical instrument and equipment
- Understands the principles of sterilization.
- Ability to learn new skills in a timely manner, absorbing details and applying learned skills
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow organizational and departmental policies and procedures
- Ability to adapt to changing situations under pressure
- Demonstrates ability to work with minimal supervision
- Basic computer skills to include keyboarding, mouse movement and data entry skills to enter information into practice management and EHR.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize tasks in order to complete assignments within the time allotted and maintain standard workflow
- Ability to work with others in a flexible and cooperative manner
- Ability to maintain composure during challenging interpersonal interactions
- Verbal/written communication and active listening skills; including excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates ability to accept, implement and evaluate change.
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
Applications Accepted: All Applications Accepted
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started