Cardiac SonographerJob ID R-51881 Date Posted 09/28/2023 Location Los Banos, California Schedule/Shift/Weekly Hours Regular/Days/20
Organization:MHLB-Memorial Hospital Los Banos
Position Overview:**Sign-On Bonus $7,500**
Competently performs diagnostic cardiac sonography procedures to assess cardiac structures and hemodynamics in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values and mission of the organization. Responsible for all commonly performed echocardiography procedures in the department with a high level of competence.
In addition to those performed by the Level I performs:
- Transesophageal echocardiograms with or without three dimensional imaging
- Intra operative transesophageal echocardiograms
- Structural Heart Procedures in the cardiac Cath lab
- complex congenital pediatric echocardiograms
May also be responsible for performing specific procedures and/or orient other staff to the department
- Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the required degree or diploma.
- Other: Graduate from an accredited Cardiac Sonography Program.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
Level I or II:
- RCS (CCI)-Registered Cardiac Sonographer OR ARDMS (RDCS AE for adult or RDCS PE for pediatric)
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider
2 of the following:
- RCS (CCI)-Registered Cardiac Sonographer
- ACS (CCI) - Advanced Cardiac Sonographer
- ARDMS - RDCS(AE) - Adult
- ARDMS - RDCS(PE) - Pediatric
- ARDMS - RDCS(FE) - Fetal
- ARDMS - RVT - Registered Vascular Technologist
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AS TYPICALLY ACQUIRED IN:
- Level I - No experience required.
- Level II - Minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Level III - Minimum of 5 years of experience.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE (will vary by level)
- Intermediate knowledge of diagnostic cardiac sonography principles, procedures, and views as well as the operation and maintenance of imaging equipment, including some experience responding to traumas and various hospital emergencies.
- Proficient in performing cardiac sonographic examinations with a solid understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology, and medical terminology so as to recognize, prioritize and communicate suspicious or abnormal results.
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse audiences, including non-medical people.
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within standardized operating procedures and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet deadline
- Working knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook) and related information systems (Radiology (RIS), laboratory (LIS), electronic health records (EHR), EPIC, and picture archive and communication system (PACS).
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies, procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with interruptions.
- Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting appropriate solutions from established options.
- Ensure the privacy of each patient’s PHI.
- Build collaborate relationships with peers and other healthcare providers to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.
Days of the Week:Variable
Weekend Requirements:Rotating Weekends
Number of Openings:1
Sutter Health is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Pay Range is $53.13 to $66.41 / hour
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors including but not limited to a candidate’s experience, education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity, training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment. Applicants for specific positions are still required to disclose certain convictions during the application process, and those convictions may also be considered in determining eligibility for employment in accordance with applicable law.Apply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started