Environmental Service AideJob ID SAH-2010412 Date Posted 08/01/2020 Location Jackson, California Schedule/Shift Part Time/ Variable
Maintains a clean, attractive and safe environment in assigned areas by performing a variety of appropriate cleaning, transport, equipment handling, room set-up, trash removal, and linen handling duties.
- Arranges various conference and meeting room furniture and support equipment. Operates a variety of manual, battery, and electrical housekeeping equipment (such as Vacuum Cleaners, Burnishers, Extractors, Scrubbers, Washers, Dryers, Carts, Trash Sterilizers, Compactors) to perform cleaning operations throughout the facility Handles chemicals and materials associated with cleaning (such as but not limited to soaps, solvents, waxes, stripping solutions, window and surface cleaners).
- Cleans a variety of surfaces (such as walls, floors, windows, ceilings, vents, carpet, tile, patient care equipment, beds, chairs, tables) in clinical and non-clinical environments (such as patient rooms, offices, conference rooms, break rooms, halls).
- Prepares linen for use and place on patient care equipment, removes and properly contains soiled linen, removes damaged linen from facility, and transports linen throughout the facility.
- Removes, transports and disposes of regular, biohazard, sharps, chemotherapy, and other waste products within and throughout the healthcare environment from origination point to disposal location.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Experience as an Environmental Services Technician in a healthcare setting is preferred.
- Knowledge of healthcare equipment and cleaning chemicals is preferred.
- Able to prioritize and complete assigned tasks;
- Able to follow written and spoken instructions.
- EVS staff with specialty duties are expected to be on call.
Employee Status: Limited Term
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Saturday
Schedule: Part Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 48
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started