Medical Assistant- Vaccine & Covid Testing ClinicJob ID R-12390 Date Posted 09/22/2022 Location Dublin, California Schedule/Shift/Weekly Hours Regular/Days/40
Organization:PAMF-Palo Alto Medical Foundation ALD
Position Overview:Provides clinical and clerical support to providers and members of the patient care team(s) by performing a variety of back office and patient-related tasks supporting the delivery of high-quality patient care. Helps ensure smooth patient and workflow within the department and assists the patient care team in implementing the medical plan of care. Integrates education, technical competence, and patient interaction skills to gain confidence and cooperation from the patient, their family/support group, and other healthcare providers. Performs all duties under the direction of a clinician.
- HS Diploma: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) or equivalent education/experience
- Other: Completion of a course of study consistent with the requirements for Medical Assistants as specified by the Medical Board of California.
- OR Other: Equivalent Sutter Health training program.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- American Heart Association (AHA) BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- General knowledge of various medical procedures, views, and equipment.
- Basic understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology, and medical terminology.
- Competent and validated in basic Medical Assisting skills such as taking vital signs, preparing patients for exam, and administering injections.
- Ability to interpret a variety of data and instructions, furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse audiences, including non-medical people.
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within standardized operating procedures and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet deadline.
- General knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies, procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with interruptions.
- Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting appropriate solutions from established options.
- Build collaborative relationships with peers and other healthcare providers to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.
Days of the Week:Friday, Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, Variable, Wednesday
Weekend Requirements:Rotating Weekends
Number of Openings:1
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Apply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started