Pharmacist - Full Time, Day ShiftJob ID SCH-1825578 Date Posted 12/28/2018 Location Crescent City, California
- Compounds and dispenses medications accurately for delivery to patient care areas: Provides total pharmaceutical care - includes timely and accurate interpretation, evaluation, preparation and distribution of pharmacy products within the hospital.
- Documents intervention, outcomes, performance improvement and quality assurance: Performs quality control / quality assurance by assisting in the development, data collection and analysis of drug usage evaluations, monitors adverse drug reactions, initiates timely completion of quality improvement reports and nursing station inspections.
- Manages medication therapy/protocols as a part of a provider-pharmacist-nurse team. Provides consultative duties to the medical staff, provides input and assistance into ordering supplies to ensure appropriate supplies of medications are available
- Provides functional supervision to ancillary personnel.
- Provides medication information and education to medical staff and patients. Provides information to physicians and other health care professionals to ensure drug product selection and monitoring achieve the desired pharmacotherapeutic outcome. Ensures medication orders are consistent with current medical practice, FDA & drug manufacturer recommendations, current literature, &/or other information sources.
- Performs data entry by entering patient profile information into computer system; ensures complete and accurate recordkeeping of controlled drugs. Ensures proper storage and dating of medications.
- Graduate from a college of Pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education.
- Pharm D and Post Graduate Residency are desirable.
- Licensed as a Pharmacist (R.Ph) in the State of California.
- A minimum of one year inpatient / hospital environment experience is desired.
- Requires an in depth knowledge and the ability to apply legal requirements and accreditation standards including TJC (The Joint Commission), Title XXII, DHS, DEA, FDA and USP.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, delegation skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a complex and dynamic environment and take appropriate actions in emergent situations.
- Must be able to communicate in an effective, tactful and diplomatic manner.
- Must have teamwork and delegation skills.
- Must have the skills to produce accurate work results within established timeframes.
- Sterile Injectable Compounding skills preferred.
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 10 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Saturday-Sunday
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.