Supervisor, Pharmacy OperationsJob ID STCH-1822183 Date Posted 12/20/2018 Location Tracy, California
A full-service acute care facility serving the residents of Tracy for over 60 years, Sutter Tracy Community Hospital (STCH) has a total of 82 inpatient beds. STCH provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services including: a 24-hour emergency department, inpatient and ambulatory surgical services, endoscopy lab, intensive care, diagnostic imaging, laboratory and rehabilitation services including physical, speech and occupational therapy. STCH also has specialized care for Hemodialysis, Family Birthing Center, Continence Center and a Pain Management Center. STCH is a not-for-profit, community-based hospital, affiliated with Sutter Health since 1993.
To supervise, manage and coordinate pharmacy staff in the implementation support and evaluation of operational pharmacy activities in the Department of Pharmacy, whose client base includes patients of all ages. The incumbent is registered as the PIC with the Board of Pharmacy and oversees operational compliance and policy and procedures as defined by regulatory offices including storage, procurement, dispensing, compounding of hazardous and nonhazardous materials sterile products and narcotics. Oversees the storage of sterile preparations and ensures compounded sterile preparations are prepared safely in accordance with USP requirements, professional standards of practice, and the laws, rules and regulations. The incumbent oversees contracts related capital and software expenses that support automated drug distribution andthe operations of the Pharmacy. The incumbent develops, oversees and communicates staffing operational staffing models for Pharmacists, technicians, students and residents ensuring continuity of programs and the policy and procedures and competencies that support operations of inpatient and outpatient areas. Supervisor is responsible for developing and coordinating initiatives directed at improving and assuring the safe use of medications within the organization including medication error reduction plan (MERP), adverse drug reaction monitoring and quality improvement initiatives. Ensures the legal responsibilities of the pharmacy are met. Staffing responsibilities as needed.
- HS diploma required, OR equivalent education/experience.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of Pharmacy, with a Pharm.D. and be licensed to practice pharmacy in the State of California
- Completion of an accredited Clinical Pharmacy or Hospital Pharmacy residency program and/or an advanced degree in health management or a related area.
- Licensed Pharmacist (PHARMD) upon hire required.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct education and training programs and supervise employees.
- On-call/Standby, PM or weekend shifts as scheduled
- Must be able to travel in and out of Stanislaus County, including transcontinental travel. If STCH and/or own vehicle used on Association business, must possess valid California Driver’s License and upon request proof of liability insurance upon hire.
- Certified Pharmacotherapy specialist (CERT PS) upon hire
- Master's degree in Health Management or a related field
- The ability to work with individuals on all levels of a multi-hospital system.
- Ability to read, write, hear, and verbally communicate in English to the degree required to perform the job.
- Familiarity with computer-assisted DBMS data evaluation, spreadsheet, word processing, and other PC software related to job activities.
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.