Charge Nurse Night Shift OB
Our nurses are at the core of the interdisciplinary care team providing nurturing, compassionate care to our patients, their families and the communities we serve.
As a nurse at Sutter Health, you’ll appreciate having the best and most innovative technology at your fingertips. Our nurses continuously advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centric healing environment by providing clinical care, treatment, education and advice in a variety of healthcare and community settings.
At Sutter Health, we provide you with a range of opportunities to help you fulfill your professional goals—today and in the future. Learn more about this nursing opportunity and join us at Sutter Health.
- JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Part-Time, Per Diem
- JOB LEVEL: All Levels
- TRAVEL: Home Health & Hospice Only
What makes a successful Sutter Health Registered Nurse? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
Paid Time Off
Holidays, sick days, leaves of absence
Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
Corporate Discount and Perks
Exclusive pricing and discounts at a variety of retailers
ResponsibilitiesJob ID STCH-1807747 Date Posted 11/06/2018 Location Tracy, California
The charge nurse is responsible for assisting the Department Manager and assistant manager in providing cost efficient, customer focused services through the proper use of the facilities, supplies, equipment, and human resources. The charge will support Sutter Tracy Community Hospital Pillar Goals and Standards of Excellence by functioning as a six pillar leader. They communicate in a courteous manner using AIDET (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explain) model when answering and prioritizing telephone calls and respond positively to, nursing, physician, patient, family and visitor requests.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of California.
- Greater than one (1) year of working experience in a similar unit with comparable patient acuity.
- Must possess a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Must possess a current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification (see department specific requirements).
- Must possess a current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification (see department specific requirements).
- Must demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates in depth knowledge of nursing process in addressing physical, psychosocial, and psychological needs of patients.
- Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of unit specific age criteria for patient population.
- Timely completion of unit specific orientation and competencies.
- Ability to read, write, hear and verbally communicate in English to the degree required to perform the job.
- Must be able to travel in accordance with any requirements of your job (if STCH and/or own vehicle used on STCH business, must possess valid California driver's license and upon request proof of liability insurance).
- Must also meet department specific requirements for License and Certification (see Department Specific Requirements Below).
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN).
- National certification in area of specialty.
- Current Electrocardiogram (EKG) certification.
- Current Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) certification.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as a registered nurse experience required
- Minimum of six (6) months prior Obstetrics experience within the past two (2) years.
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification required.
- Current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification required.
- Basic Fetal Monitoring certification is required ninety (90) days of hire.
- Intermediate Fetal Monitoring certification is required one (1) year of hire.
- Advanced Fetal Monitoring certification is required two (2) years of hire.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP) certification within ninety (90) days of hire required.
OBSTERTRIC/LABOR & DELIVERY DEPT PREFERRED:
- A Bachelor's degree in a clinical field such as, Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN), Health Care Administration, Business Administration, or a related degree or equivalency may substitute is preferred.
- S.T.A.B.L.E. certification is preferred within one (1) year of hire.
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Night
Shift Hours: 12 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Every Other Weekend
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 72
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.