Radiology Tech Assistant - Full Time, Day/Evening Shift
Our imaging professionals care for patients and their family members in collaboration with clinicians to provide imaging services of the utmost quality.
At Sutter Health, you’ll have access to industry-leading technology as well as the opportunity to develop your career, whether that’s working in multiple modalities, moving into the CT, MRI or cardiac cath lab, or pursuing other fulfilling paths.
If you’re a gifted communicator with the flexibility to meet patient needs, take your place on our team. Explore this opportunity and join us today.
- JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Part-Time
- JOB LEVEL: Mid-Level
What makes a successful Sutter Health Imaging professional? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Digitally savvy
- Technologically savvy
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
Paid Time Off
Holidays, sick days, leaves of absence
Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
Corporate Discount and Perks
Exclusive pricing and discounts at a variety of retailers
Sutter Gould medical Foundation (SGMF) is a non-profit, multi-specialty health care organization affiliated with Sutter Health. Based in Modesto, SGMF provides quality medical care, health education and research activities in a five county area. SGMF's medical staff includes family practitioners, internists and pediatricians, as well as a range of specialist physicians. Services include imaging, nuclear medicine, a health library, health education programs, occupational medicine, diabetes education, nutrition counseling, infertility counseling, and weight management.
Under the direction of the General Radiology Department Supervisor, provides assistance to the Technology staff. He/She is responsible to have each patient prepared and available for the Technologist with the ultimate goal to maximize patient turn-around time and intervenes to eliminate delays. The tech assistant maintains communications between clerical staff, technical staff, and Radiologists. Responsible for preparing appropriate procedure forms, exam preparation, and location of previous exams. Prepares next day schedule and overlooks for any discrepancies (i.e. incorrect exam scheduled, correct orders, missing orders, questionable diagnosis); if questionable follows up with referring physician for clarity of appropriate exam. The technologist assistant is also responsible for any reschedule or scheduling issues as related to that department. This position is responsible for delivering previous exam images to technologist and Radiologist for review. Responsible for stocking exam rooms, maintaining inventory, and assisting the nurse/technologist and or radiologist with specials exams. Responsible for reminder calls to future patients, giving patient the correct prep and explain the exam to the patients.
- High School diploma
- One (1) year of customer service experience is required.
- Basic knowledge of computers is required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Valid California driver's license number and automobile insurance.
- Must be able to travel in and out of Stanislaus County/San Joaquin County.
- CT, MRI, Ultrasound & X-rat Tech or general medical experience preferred.
- Typing skills preferred.
- Understanding of basic anatomy and medical terminology is preferred.
Skills and Knowledge:
- It is necessary to have the ability to learn an electronic medical record, and flexibility to learn all imaging related software.
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to efficiently operate office equipment, i.e. fax, photocopy machine, and computer scanning equipment/software.
- Ability to accept, implement and evaluate change.
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities paying particular attention to detail.
- Organization skills are important for this position.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and demands on time, while remaining calm in a busy department is essential.
- Providing patient care with compassion, courtesy, and respect are required for this position.
- The ability to complete multiple tasks with a high level of accuracy and insure quality communication.
- Ability to manage shifting priorities with frequent interruptions is a required skill.
- The ability to promote a positive teamwork through excellent attendance, great attitude, and a spirit of cooperation.
- The ability to keep both patient and business information confidential and comply with HIPAA.
Primary Location: California, Central Valley, Stockton
Organization: Sutter Gould Medical Foundation
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day/Evening
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.