Imaging Scheduler/Receptionist (Per Diem) StocktonJob ID SGMF-1900231 Date Posted 01/07/2019 Location Stockton, California
Sutter Gould Medical Foundation (SGMF)is a non-profit, multi-specialty health care organization affiliated with Sutter Health. Based in Modesto, SGMF provides quality medical care, health education and research activities in a five-county area. SGMF's medical staff includes family practitioners, internists and pediatricians, as well as a range of specialist physicians. Services include imaging, nuclear medicine, a health library, health education programs, occupational medicine, diabetes education, nutrition counseling, infertility counseling, and weight management.
- High School graduate or GED required.
- Medical terminology is preferred.
- Professional Medical Office Program Certificate preferred.
- Typing certificate for 35 WPM required and required to be furnished at time of interview.
- Minimum of one (1) year customer service and/or scheduling experience.
- Two (2) years previous experience in the medical field and basic knowledge of medical insurance is preferred.
- A working knowledge of basic clerical duties.
- Minimum of one (1) year working with computer systems preferably on a medical based system.
- The ability to read, write and verbally communicate in English.
- The ability to communicate professionally, calmly and effectively with all customers in a medical office environment.
- The ability to deal effectively with challenging customer service interactions.
- The ability to complete multiple tasks with a high level of accuracy and insure quality communication.
- Ability to manage shifting priorities with frequent interruptions is a required skill.
- The ability to promote a positive teamwork through excellent attendance, great attitude, and a spirit of cooperation.
- Organizational and prioritization skills are required.
- The ability to pay attention to detail is required.
- The ability to keep both patient and business information confidential and comply with HIPPA.
- Well developed phone and customer service skills are important for this position.
- Good spelling and grammar skills are essential for this position.
- Ability to learn how to operate office equipment is required.
- Must be able to travel in and out of Stanislaus County and must posses valid California Driver's License and upon request proof of liability insurance.
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Saturday
Schedule: Per Diem
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: Per Diem
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.