RN - Surgery- SMSC Santa Cruz (Per Diem)
Our nurses are at the core of the interdisciplinary care team providing nurturing, compassionate care to our patients, their families and the communities we serve.
As a nurse at Sutter Health, you’ll appreciate having the best and most innovative technology at your fingertips. Our nurses continuously advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centric healing environment by providing clinical care, treatment, education and advice in a variety of healthcare and community settings.
At Sutter Health, we provide you with a range of opportunities to help you fulfill your professional goals—today and in the future. Learn more about this nursing opportunity and join us at Sutter Health.
- JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Part-Time, Per Diem
- JOB LEVEL: All Levels
- TRAVEL: Home Health & Hospice Only
What makes a successful Sutter Health Registered Nurse? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
Paid Time Off
Holidays, sick days, leaves of absence
Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
Corporate Discount and Perks
Exclusive pricing and discounts at a variety of retailers
ResponsibilitiesJob ID SMSC-1824831 Date Posted 01/23/2019 Location Santa Cruz, California
The Surgical RN is r
The Surgical RN is responsible and accountable for planning, assessing, coordinating of nursing care for patients in the OR. Assists physicians with examinations and procedures and appropriately prepares patient and readies instruments and equipment to maximize patient comfort and usage of physician's time.
- Conducts an initial and ongoing thorough assessment that includes physical, psychosocial and patient/family knowledge base in order to develop, implement and evaluate intraoperative nursing care according to hospital policy and procedure.
- Assesses and monitors proper prcedure is followed in the set up of room prior to the patient arrival.
- Assures all equipment, supplies and instruments needed for the procedures are present according to physician preference card and in good working order.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Education, including Licensure / Certification/ Registration
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required
- Current California Registered Nurse license required
- Current AHA BLS/CPR certification required
- Current AHA ACLS certification required
- At least two (2) years recent OR experience in multi specialty hospital required
- BS in Nursing preferred
- Current CNOR membership preferred
- Member of Professional Nursing Organization (AORN) preferred
- Bilingual, Spanish speaking preferred
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day/Evening
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Per Diem
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: Per Diem
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.