Physical Therapist, Outpatient (Per Diem)Job ID MPHS-1823600 Date Posted 02/07/2019 Location San Mateo, California
Plans and implements specific treatment programs for individual patients according to the principles and practices of physical therapy.
The outpatient Physical Therapist has a strong knowledge base in musculoskeletal dysfunctions and surgical interventions. They are able to work with a wide patient populations and diagnoses and collaborate in a team environment with other Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Physical Therapist Aides, Physicians, etc.
Principal accountabilities include:
- Evaluates assigned patients, gathering data from a variety of sources, and develops treatment plans including specific goals and activities, re-evaluating and modifying plans periodically and as necessary
- Provides direct physical therapy to patients on a daily basis
- Assesses patient progress and adjusts program as appropriate
- Supervises Physical Therapist Assistant and Physical Therapist Aides per the state practice act.
Work will be 1-2 days per week, including floating to Inpatient services.
- Bachelor degree in Physical Therapy from an Accredited Physical Therapy program.
- Current Physical Therapy licensure
- Current BLS through the AHA
- 1 – 2 years of direct patient care in an outpatient orthopedic setting. New grad may be considered if had previous hands-on experience in an outpatient setting or has completed a supervised orthopedic residency program.
- Must have a significant knowledge base in outpatient orthopedic techniques for different diagnoses and surgical interventions through hands-on experience and continuing education.
- Must have extensive skill in differential diagnosis, exercise prescription and progression and manual therapy. Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment. Experience with an EMR system is preferred.
- Preferred experience in the treatment of neurological, pediatric, lymphedema, oncology, vestibular, aquatic, adolescent and geriatric patients.
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Rotating
Schedule: Per Diem
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: Per Diem
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started