Employee Health Services Clinic Manager-San MateoJob ID 1824974 Date Posted 01/08/2019 Location San Mateo, California
Human Resource Management:
- Establishes and administers employee performance standards.
- Recruits personnel to meet the needs of the department (i.e., staffing level, clinical competence).
- Establishes, maintains and revises, as necessary, employee orientation programs.
- Properly maintains employee records (e.g, personnel files), to include annual performance appraisals, annual competency evaluations and annual compliance with all medical center required competency/training.
- Evaluates employee performance on an annual basis.
- Coaches, counsels, disciplines and terminates staff, as necessary.
- With Medical Director, ensures that competent staff are available to perform a high level of service to injured workers. This includes clinical competency; expertise in Workers’ Compensation.
- In the performance of these duties, ensures that staff consistently provides high-quality clinical care, meet community standards, provide patient education and demonstrate understanding of equipment/procedure.
- Provides educational experiences as appropriate for staff.
- Establishes and maintains effective interdepartmental relationships.
- Interprets and implements hospital policies, objectives and operational procedures to staff.
- With the Medical Director, maintains current knowledge of Occupational Health and Workers’ Compensation field to include technical advances, professional practice standards and applicable JCAHO and other regulatory requirements/changes. Keeps current on CPT coding and other billing issues.
- Consistently identifies problems that affect own work performance and/or relations between patients and staff. Solves, communicates and documents problem areas as required, using appropriate resources to achieve long-term resolution.
Leadership and Professional Accountability:
- Oversees daily management of all clinics to include Human Resources, financial and operational management.
- Initiate or recommends the development of new policies, functions and services. Updates and recommends improvements to existing systems within the parameters of hospital-wide policies and procedures.
- Ensures all medical records are processed and stored according to policy.
- Oversees daily operational management to include staff assignments, work load volume and patient satisfaction. Assures a work environment that is patient-friendly and enhances teamwork and productivity.
- Assures proper functioning of all diagnostic instruments. Consistently monitors instruments and requests repairs when needed.
- Develops annual operating budgets and capital budgets for submission to the Director.
- Maintains an efficient system for billing and collections. Ensures that all required financial reporting is completed. Maintains Accounts Receivable below 100 days.
- Maintains an appropriate supply inventory and manages resources in a cost-effective manner to support budgetary goals and objectives.
- Works to enhance programs and services to fulfill marketing needs.
- Acts as a liaison to the Sutter Health system-wide initiative.
- Plans, records and reports quality improvement activities in collaboration with the Chair and Medical Director.
Service Standards: Consistently exhibits behaviors set forth in the attached Service Standards.
- Adheres to all Medical Center policies and procedures (i.e. Administrative and Human Resources), practices safe work habits, and engages in good business standards and practices.
Additional Requirements: travel, and on-call/standby during emergencies
- Bachelors degree or equivalent education/experience required
- Minimum of three years' progressive supervisory and management experience in a healthcare setting required
- Knowledge of billing and professional practice management preferred
- Experience in California Workers' Compensation preferred
- RN License preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with emphasis on high-quality service to patients and physicians.
- Individual initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills required, as are managerial skills in budget development, personnel management, and development and professional practice management.
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.