Pathology AccessionerJob ID CPMC-1902459 Date Posted 02/11/2019 Location San Francisco, California
The Pathology Accessioner performs the registration and accessioning of all pathology specimens.
- Consistently exhibits Service Standard behaviors set forth in the attached Service Performance Standards (see attached listing).
- Register specimens into the pathology computer system within prescribed time frames.
- Accession specimens into the pathology computer system within prescribed time frames.
- Pick up and deliver specimens, reports, other documentation to and from the CPMC shuttle.
- Maintain equipment.
- Utilization of Pathology information system(s) and registration informationsystem(s).
- Communicate with Pathologists regarding cases.
- Communicate with Pathology Assistants regarding cases.
- Provide instructions regarding pathology specimen handling to clinicians and clinician office staff.
- Written/computer communication inputting data in pathology information system.
- Follow established policies, procedures, and practices including but not limited to quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control standards as applicable.
- Minimum number of accessioning/registration errors.
- Meet defined turn-around-times for accessioning and registration.
Standard CPMC Citizenship
- Adheres to all Medical Center policies and procedures (i.e. Administrative and Human Resources), practices safe work habits, and engages in good business standards and practices.
- Maintain attendance and punctuality standards in a consistent and regular manner
- Follow all CPMC compliance and service standards.
- Comply with health and safety policies, procedures, practices and program elements, as provided in CPMC policy and associated procedures and health and safety manual and promote others’ adherence to same policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience required. Associate's degree is preferred
- Previous experience in medical setting preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology and transcription preferred
- Proficient in computer skills and use of multiple interfaced systems
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Rotating
Schedule: Per Diem
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: Variable
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.