Nursing Director/Site Administrator-Mission Bernal CampusJob ID 1900148 Date Posted 01/08/2019 Location San Francisco, California
Under broad administrative direction, and within the context of the mission, vision and values of California Pacific Medical Center, the Nursing Director / Site Administrator (ND/SA) provides overall direction and leadership for nursing services as well as facilitating operations throughout the Mission Bernal Campus
The ND/SA of Mission Bernal Campus has oversight control of the necessary resources to support the delivery of efficient and effective professional nursing care on the inpatient nursing units and in the Emergency Department. This role responsible for providing effective management development and assuring accountability in the provision of financially responsible, Patient Satisfaction, quality metrics, quality of nursing care that consistently meets/ exceeds the expectations of patients, families, physicians and staff. This position works closely with other campus nursing directors, ancillary leads, medical directors, and department chairs to continuously improve quality and ensure a healthy work environment for staff. The ND/SA sets the tone for a culture that rewards leadership, teamwork, innovation and accountability. The ND/SA promotes productive collaboration among all departments, at all management levels. The ND/SA provides administrative leadership and direction for the following areas specific to the assigned campus:
- Emergency Preparedness – Site Commander
- Neighborhood Liaison
- Construction Coordinator
- Space Planning Coordination
- Survey Readiness Leader
- Service Excellence Champion
- Labor action Leader
The ND/SA maintains effective employee, medical staff and public relationships.The ND/SA is responsible for participating in the development of the Sutter Service Line Committee Planning and Operations Integration.
- Current California Registered Nurse license, with a master’s degree in nursing or related field required.
- Five to seven years previous management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of government regulations, management theory and practice including systems analysis, nursing theory and Standards of Care; financial and human resources management and organizational development.
- Working knowledge of Title 22, and applicable regulatory agency requirements, JCAHO standards and accreditation process; problem assessment and problem solving techniques; policy and procedure development and personnel management techniques.
- ANCC certification in area of management or clinical specialty within 18 months of hire to position.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational planning skills.
- Ability to function in high stress situations.
- Ability to interact with individuals and groups at all levels.
- Demonstrated coaching and mentoring skills.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills; personnel development and management skills and an effective leadership style.
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.