Acute Rehabilitation RN Case Manager 0.7 FTE DaysJob ID CPMC-1913754 Date Posted 11/08/2019 Location San Francisco, California Schedule/Shift Full Time / Day
- BS in one of following: Nursing or Health related field. Master in nursing, case management or other health related field preferred.
- National Certification in Case Management (i.e. ACM, ANA RN-BC Case Management) preferred.
- Current California RN licensure required.
- Minimum of three (3) years in acute medical/surgical/ED/or critical care nursing area required. Masters of Nursing in Case Management in lieu of three (3) years in acute medical/surgical/ED/or critical care nursing area may be considered for employment at director's discretion.
- Previous Case Management experience preferred.
- Experience utilizing electronic InterQual or other standardized criteria strongly preferred.
- Previous leadership abilities preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation skills.
- A broad knowledge base of health care delivery and case management within a managed care environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Utilization Review, levels of care, and observation status
- Some awareness of healthcare reimbursement systems: HMO, PPO, PPS,CMS preferred
- Post-acute levels of care such as Home Health, Hospice, AIM, and Palliative Care. SNF, LTAC, B&C, Sub-acute, Acute rehab
- General Knowledge of coding and DRG assignment process preferred.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with, and promote cooperation and collaboration between individuals including patients/families/caretakers, physicians, nurses and other ancillary partners.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment in interactions with physicians, payers, and patients and their families.
- Demonstrates commitment to service excellence in all patient, family and employee interactions and in performing all job responsibilities.
- Functions in a manner to promote quality patient care and assure a positive patient experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent time management skills to develop organized work processes in a high-volume environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Ability to promote teamwork and to effectively function in teams.
- Ability to interact effectively with key internal and external constituents using collaboration, and customer service skills that promote excellence in the patient experience.
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 56
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started