Senior Data Architect, Data & Analytics ServicesJob ID SHP-1901845 Date Posted 01/25/2019 Location Sacramento, California
The Senior Data Architect under the direction of the Director of Data & Analytics Services, designs, creates, deploys and manages the SHP Data Analytics infrastructure. This role is both engineer and architect and is responsible for setting data architecture principles and creating data models that enable the implementation of the intended business architecture. The Senior Data Architect possesses a strong understanding of systems development and understands the system development life cycle, project management approaches; and requirements, design and testing techniques. The Senior Data Architect possesses in depth knowledge of data modeling and database design and is sound across all phases of data modeling, from conceptualization to database optimization.
In addition to the core technical competencies the Senior Data Architect has an understanding of reporting, data visualization and data science, and more specifically understands how to match business problems with the appropriate technology and architecture. The Senior Data Architect provides technical expertise and partners with other Data & Analytics Services staff to solve complex business problems.
Bachelor's in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science or other Quantitative Discipline required or equivalent education/experience
Master preferred or equivalent education/experience
- 3-7 years experience with information technology programs and services. Preferably in a Health Care environment required.
- 3-7 years experience in data-architecture and modeling supporting reporting, analytics and data science required.
- 3-7 years experience working with and managing complex data environments required.
- 3-7 years extensive problem determination and resolution experience required.
- 3-7 years extensive experience building data architecture for analytics including RDBMS and tabular cubes required.
- 3-7 years configuring and Maintaining a Microsoft data environment (SQL Server, SSMS, SSAS, SSIS) required.
- 3-7 years advanced TSQL programming experience for DDL, ETL and analytics required.
- 3+ years Python 3 programming experience preferred.
- 3-5 years experience extending SSIS using C# preferred.
- 3+ years configuring and Maintaining a data analytics environment using Azure preferred.
Skills and Knowledge
- Define and manage data standardization and data governance programs.
- Executive communication and education on the role of data as a significant corporate asset.
- Information architecture strategies and concepts.
- Master Data Management strategies including data standardization, data governance and data quality.
- Industry-wide healthcare data standardization activities (e.g. calincs, NPI, etc.).
- Role of meta-data and meta-data repositories in an enterprise environment.
- Use project management software tools and implementation methodology and processes.
- Understanding of Business Intelligence and data architecture design (staging, ODS layers, warehouse/mart configurations, ETL, modeling, dimensional star schema, snowflakes, OLAP, MOLAP, etc.).
- Significant knowledge and understanding of information technology concepts and technologies, as is a strong knowledge of computer systems hardware and software, object-oriented analysis, design, and programming methodologies.
- Data processing concepts and technologies in computer science, application programming, related programming, data structures, IBM mid-range, other mid-range, server and personal computer systems hardware and software is desired.
- Communicating successfully, both formally and informally, with a wide variety of resources, including end-users and management.
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.