Security Officer - Protective ServicesJob ID SVH-2011389 Date Posted 08/01/2020 Location Sacramento, California Schedule/Shift Full Time/ Evening
Performs general security work in the protection of persons and property and the enforcement of all applicable policies, rules and regulations of Sutter Health and applicable federal, state, and local laws to prevent losses due to accidents and incidents.
- Completes special assignments, as requested, performance evaluated in terms of accuracy, completion by due date, adherence to instructions and cooperation.
- Demonstrates sound judgment in identifying authorized and/or unauthorized persons through escorting procedures, by courteously questioning said persons and/or by detaining all unauthorized persons, if warranted.
- Effectively uses time to department's and organization's best advantage (i.e. filling in with additional projects, monitoring CCTV systems, manning entry portals, patrolling parking lots or parking booth, etc.).
- Patrols parking lots and accurately issues violation tickets where applicable.
- Reviews daily Pass-Down Log at the start of each worked shift and completes entries accurately.
- Secures and unlocks all hospital doors, entrances and portals at specified facility lock down and unlock times.
- Thoroughly investigates incidents of unusual circumstances reported by personnel, visitors, physicians and/or patients.
- Thoroughly performs interior/exterior building and ground patrols to prevent fire, theft, misuse and vandalism of personal and company property by providing a visible deterrence to crime and prohibited activities.
Education, including Licensure, Certification, Registration:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must be in possession of a current State of California Security Officer Guard Card (or temporary work Guard Card Permit pending clearance from the State of California Bureau of Collection and Investigative Services).
- General knowledge of the usual duty requirements of a security officer with an emphasis placed on the physical and emotional maturity required for the high degree of judgment and diplomacy necessary to work efficiently in a healthcare environment.
- Military, security (preferably in a hospital setting) or law enforcement/corrections background is preferable.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Evening
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Wednesday,Sunday,Saturday,Friday,Thursday
Weekend Requirements: Every Weekend
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/VeteransApply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started