Pharmacist - Inpatient (Limited-term, Full-time, Varied Shift)Job ID SMCS-1825900 Date Posted 01/09/2019 Location Sacramento, California
- Compounds and dispenses medications accurately for delivery to patient care areas.
- Documents intervention, outcomes and performance improvement.
- Manages medication therapy/protocols as a part of physician-pharmacist-nurse team.
- Provides functional supervision to supportive personnel.
- Provides medication information and education to medical staff and patients.
- Graduate from a college of Pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education.
- Pharm D and Post Graduate Residency are desirable.
- Licensed as a Pharmacist (R.Ph) in the State of California.
- Previous experience in an appropriate setting (e.g. as a hospital/acute care pharmacist or outpatient/long term care) is desired.
- Requires an in depth knowledge and the ability to apply legal requirements and accreditation standards including TJC (The Joint Commission), Title XXII, DHS, DEA, FDA and USP.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, delegation skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a complex and dynamic environment and take appropriate actions in emergent situations.
- Must be able to communicate in an effective, tactful and diplomatic manner.
- Must have teamwork and delegation skills.
- Must have the skills to produce accurate work results within established timeframes.
Employee Status: Limited Term
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours: 10 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Every Other Weekend
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.