Computed Tomography (CT) / Radiologic Technologist III - Diagnostic Imaging (Per Diem, Varied Shift)
Our imaging professionals care for patients and their family members in collaboration with clinicians to provide imaging services of the utmost quality.
At Sutter Health, you’ll have access to industry-leading technology as well as the opportunity to develop your career, whether that’s working in multiple modalities, moving into the CT, MRI or cardiac cath lab, or pursuing other fulfilling paths.
If you’re a gifted communicator with the flexibility to meet patient needs, take your place on our team. Explore this opportunity and join us today.
- JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Part-Time
- JOB LEVEL: Mid-Level
What makes a successful Sutter Health Imaging professional? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Digitally savvy
- Technologically savvy
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
Paid Time Off
Holidays, sick days, leaves of absence
Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
Corporate Discount and Perks
Exclusive pricing and discounts at a variety of retailers
ResponsibilitiesJob ID SMCS-1901801 Date Posted 01/31/2019 Location Sacramento, California
Provides computed tomography and diagnostic imaging patient care services at defined levels to patients.
- Assesses and educates patients according to specific department protocols.
- Implements radiation protection and safety standards to minimize radiation exposure to staff and patients. Maintains mandated continuing education requirements.
- May be required to train / precept students and new techs.
- Operates a variety of complex stationary and mobile diagnostic equipment.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Prepares for and assists the physician in computed tomography procedures.
Education/ Knowledge, including Licensure/ Certification/ Registration
- ARRT Registered Technologist, RT(R) in good standing.
- BLS Healthcare Provider CPR certification required.
- Additional ARRT certification in Computed Tomography (CT) preferred.
- State Licensure (CRT) is required.
- Fluoroscopy license required as per state regulations (within 90 days of hire).
- Graduate of a JRCERT accredited education program in Radiography.
- Must be knowledgeable of technical factors and radiographic views.
- Broad-based knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy and physiology is required.
- Previous experience as a Registered Radiologic Technologist is required.
- Prior work experience in an acute care facility is preferable.
- Training in computerized tomography is desirable.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a rapidly changing and challenging environment and take appropriate actions in emergent situations.
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Saturday-Sunday
Schedule: Per Diem
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: Per Diem
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.