Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Per Diem, Varied Shift)
Working behind the scenes our clinical lab scientists, lab assistants, phlebotomists and lab professionals make a difference in the lives of our patients every day.
With our integrated healthcare system, we offer the best and most innovative technology, along with experience in clinics, hospital and reference lab settings. Here, you’ll be empowered to build your skills and develop your career to meet your professional goals.
If you’re looking for opportunities in specialized disciplines such as microbiology, molecular biology, quality, lab information systems and leadership, we invite you to join us and explore this clinical lab scientist opportunity today.
- JOB TYPE: Full Time
- JOB LEVEL: Mid (5+ years experience)
What makes a successful Sutter Health Clinical Lab Scientist? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technologically savvy
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
Paid Time Off
Holidays, sick days, leaves of absence
Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
Corporate Discount and Perks
Exclusive pricing and discounts at a variety of retailers
ResponsibilitiesJob ID SMCS-1901000 Date Posted 01/31/2019 Location Sacramento, California
Performs all aspects of laboratory testing in one or more sections of laboratory which could include pre-analytic, analytic, and post-analytic activities of the laboratory path of workflow appropriate for the Clinical Laboratory section (s) to which assigned, which includes one or more of the following sections: Chemistry, Hematology/Microscopy, Flow Cytometry, Coagulation, and Transfusion Service.
- Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of test results and/or blood products by performing quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Performs analytic procedures, including testing of specimens and/or blood products, reviewing results and interpreting results.
- Performs post-analytic procedures, including result release/reporting, result correction/amendment, responding to inquiries and specimen storage and retrieval.
- Performs pre-analytic procedures, including test order entry, specimen collection, specimen processing and/or blood product handling.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Baccalaureate degree in Biology or a related science is required.
- California Clinical Laboratory Scientist License is required.
- Knowledge of theory and test application of clinical chemistry, hematology/microscopy and coagulation are required.
- Knowledge of tranfusion service and flow cytometry theory and test applications may be required if working in those areas.
- Current experience as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist in one or more sections of the laboratory is highly desirable.
- Experience providing laboratory testing for similar patient populations (examples include pediatric, neonatal, oncology, perinatal and cardiac) is highly desirable. Experience working in a laboratory with a computerized laboratory information system is highly desirable.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, multi-tasking and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a complex, fast-paced environment and take appropriate actions in challenging situations.
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: One Weekend a Month
Schedule: Per Diem
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: Per Diem
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.