Occupational Therapist - Rehabilitation Services (Part-time, Days)Job ID SRMC-1825461 Date Posted 12/27/2018 Location Roseville, California
Evaluates and conducts medically prescribed occupational therapy treatment programs in an acute care inpatient and outpatient setting. Supervises physical therapy assistants and aides in performing treatment. Supervises students.
- Assures efficient management of work processes.
- Completes post-intervention activities: session closure, documentation, communication, charge capture.
- Prepares for therapeutic intervention.
- Provides initial evaluation of patient's abilities and designs appropriate intervention plans.
- Treats patients with therapeutic procedures, modalities and or equipment to improve function.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Education/including Licensure/ Certification/ Registration:
- Current state licensure as an occupational therapist., Will consider license applicants.
- BLS Healthcare Provider CPR certification required.
- Graduate of an accredited occupational program: baccalaureate, master's or doctorate degree in Occupational Therapy.
- One year of experience in an acute-care hospital, rehabilitation setting, or outpatient clinic preferred.
- Prior experience with physical disabilities, hands, and pediatrics is desirable.
- Thorough understanding of Occupational Therapy treatment modalities and equipment. Understanding of activities and adaptation techniques related to therapeutic use.
- Basic understanding of anatomy, physiology, mental, and social needs of patient.
- Effective leadership qualities, professional judgment and development.
- Desire to work in collaboration with associates to provide a quality patient program.
- Must possess proficient written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to chart patient-care activities effectively, including instructions for continued services.
- Must possess the ability to fabricate basic splints and adaptive aids.
- Must possess the ability to supervise Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants and other support staff.
- Requires critical thinking, complex problem solving, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimalsupervision.
- Must be able to work in a demanding environment balancing multiple priorities and take appropriateactions.
- Computer proficiency in word processing/typing, basic application and hardware functions required forapplicable care setting.
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Rotating
Schedule: Part Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 40
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.