Chaplain Student Educator - Pastoral Care (Per Diem, Varied Shift)Job ID SRMC-1825835 Date Posted 01/10/2019 Location Roseville, California
- Participating in the development of the interdisciplinary team plan of care to meet identified spiritual needs.
- Providing consultation, education, and support to the interdisciplinary team on spiritual care.
- Providing direct spiritual care to patients and caregivers.
- Responding to sacramental and religious needs of patients, families, and staff
- Assures that the spiritual assessments of patients are rendered in a timely manner.
Documents direct services and ongoing communication with community chaplains and spiritual counselors
• Maintains records of spiritual care services utilization and related activities for quality assurance, program development, and policy and procedure review and revision.
Attends patient care conference and interdisciplinary team meetings as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
• Provides consultation, education and support to the interdisciplinary team on spiritual care.
Makes appropriate referrals to community clergy and receives referrals from them.
• Provides direct spiritual care to patients.
- Master's Degree in Divinity or equivalent (Theology, or Pastoral Counseling, etc.) and four units of Association of Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE) accredited Clinical Pastoral Education are required.
- Board certification by a nationally recognized professional chaplain organization (such as (Association of Professional Chaplains (APC), National Association of Catholic Chaplains (NACC), Neshama Association of Jewish Chaplains (NAJC) or Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC)) is preferred.
- Acceptance into the ACPE Certified Educator Training program preferred
- Ability to work as a team member
- Comfort in an interfaith setting
- Ability to accept different lifestyles, cultures, beliefs and values
- Ability to network with community clergy and congregations
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Rotating
Schedule: Per Diem
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: Per Diem
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.