Human Resources Business Partner - Palo Alto DivisionJob ID PAMF-1901939 Date Posted 04/16/2019 Location Palo Alto, California
This position supports the HR Manager and has a wide variety of HR Generalist Duties with a focus on employee relations. Functions as the HR Partner to management teams of operating units. Supports the operating team in the achievement of its people related objectives for employee satisfaction, patient or customer satisfaction, labor costs targets, talent development and the development and maintenance of a high performing workforce. Actively participates in development of employee relations programs. Provides assistance in the form of advice and counsel to management regarding: effectiveness of staff, application of human resources practices, policies and procedures, application, and administration of collective bargaining agreements, compliance with employment regulations and laws and resolution of complaints and grievances. Communications with managers, HR Director and Compliance Officer on resolution of Compliance complaints and closure of Compliance Corrective Action Plans. Partners with Talent Management during succession planning, including coaching of management clientele on individual development plans and on boarding support for new managers (30-60-90 day rounding). Supports management when conducting lay-offs, start-ups, grievance meetings, investigations, compliant resolutions, staff counseling and related progressive discipline activities, talent reviews and local training. Identifies, investigates, and resolves grievances, and coordinates with the COE for resolution of mediated or arbitrated grievances, work environment scans and harassment investigations. Involved in terminations, unemployment hearings, EEOC charges, and reduction in force planning. Supports management with key initiatives as directed by HR and Operational leadership. Facilitate manager and staff access to HR services.
REQUIRED: Bachelor's degree or equivalent education/experience.
- Requires experience in advising/educating managers with respect to employee relations issues and the Human Resources-related laws, regulations, and practices (preferably in California)
- Must have demonstrated expertise in consulting with managers and employees regarding Human Resources issues that arise through all stages of the employment relationship.
- Knowledge of Human Resources policies and statutory and regulatory requirements including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, California Labor Code, CFRA, California and Federal Wage and Hour laws, Workers' Compensation laws, FLSA, FEHA, ADA, FMLA, OSHA, EDD, and other applicable laws and regulations.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Northern California (typically day trips, occasionally overnight); must have a current/valid California driver's license and able to provide own transportation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel , etc., required.
- Experience with Taleo and Lawson systems a big plus.
- Working in a union environment a plus.
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started