Director, Service Line - Ortho/Sports, Physical Med/Rehab/Podiatry/Neurosurgery/Physical TherapyJob ID PAMF-1909071 Date Posted 11/08/2019 Location Palo Alto, California Schedule/Shift Full Time / Day
- Coaches, mentors and motivates direct reports and management team to carry out the goals of the program and organization. Demonstrates leadership by practicing and promoting leader standard work; champions new ideas that contribute to clinical and organizational excellence; holds staff accountable for meeting goals, objectives and other assigned commitments.
- Works with VP and physician leaders to engage and support the physicians as intergral parts of the the development and integration of the service line with a focus on providing patient-centered care both within and beyond the clinic and acute care settings. Acts as liaison with PAMF and PAFMG regional management. Ensures staff are informed on department issues, facility issues and PAMF news and updates. Encourages free flow of ideas, information and dialogue. Communicates the 'why' of change and helps others find meaning; enables engagement and empowerment of staff.
- Utilizing Lean principles, sets goals and SL strategies with Leadership Team and MD dyad partners; will develop standardized, centralized infrastructure, and data-driven standard operations as appropriate. Ensures appropriate linkages between operations, clinical outcomes, and customer service to patients, referring physicians, hospital partners, and other PAMF/Sutter departments
- Directs daily operations of clinics and service line by translating business vision and strategy into clear operational goals, objectives, workflows and implementation plans. Monitors and analyses performance of staff and departments. Utilizes daily management system to establish key measurements for each department; sets standards and develops goals to continuously meet or exceed standard.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education/experience
- Minimum of six (6) years progressively more responsible related work experience
- Minimum of three (3) years proven leadership experience in a large complex environment, driving change management
- Experience in developing business and strategic plans
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in the use of lean to drive management and operational processes
- Strong knowledge and experience in understanding operational impact on finances, costs, and efficiency
- Masters' degree (MBA or MPH) in Healthcare Administration or Business
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started