Service Line Clinical Manager II - GastroenterologyJob ID PAMF-1915359 Date Posted 09/11/2019 Location Mountain View, California Schedule/Shift Full Time / Day
Responsible for management of daily operations; demonstrates thorough understanding of financial systems for budget management, work contents and processes; HR policies and procedures; and IT systems. Role models behavior supports learning of others and practices management within a lean operating system. Oversees all clinical processes to ensure efficiency; directs staff (either directly or through supervisors). The Manager will act as mentor and coach to enable problem solving and will develop smooth functioning teams with a focus on the triple aim: affordability, quality, and satisfaction.
May require appropriate clinical licensure or certification to evaluate and oversee clinical staff such as CMAs, Phlebotomy Techs and Ophthalmic Techs.
Managers with sole oversight of administrative or clerical staff and a minimum of two years experience in a management role, may be able to advance to Manager II IF the new role is appreciatively larger in one or more of the following factors: FTEs, locations, departments, operating budget, subordinate managers or other added complexity. Applicability will be determined by human resources review, including a compensation analysis. New or replacement positions will be reviewed in a similar manner.
- Provides direction to department staff which may include supervisors, clinical and clerical support staff.
- Promotes excellent customer service in line with PAMFCARES philosophy.
- Responds to patient complaints and interfaces with QA department as necessary.
- Promotes strong communication with staff and physicians both intra and inter departmentally. Regularly communicates with staff on department issues, protocols and changes in procedure. Communicates, interprets, supports and enforces PAMF and Sutter Health policies.
- Continuously works on procedures to promote smooth patient flow and utilizes lean principles to drive process improvement and set team goals.
- Strategizes with SL leadership and MD dyad partners to develop standardized, centralized infrastructure, and data-driven standard operations, as appropriate.
- Demonstrates understanding of financial systems in order to contribute to budget development and ongoing management of department budget to align with strategic goals, including optimizing affordability of services. Understands financial relationship with medical group.
Leadership, Goals and Objectives:
- Act as leader and champion to new ideas that contribute to clinical excellence.
- Monitors and analyzes performance of staff and departments. Utilizes daily management system to establish key measurements for department; sets standards and develops goals to continuously meet or exceed standard.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of five (5) years progressively more responsible related work experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years proven leadership experience in a large, complex clinic setting driving change management.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in the use of lean to improve management and operational processes.
- Strong knowledge and experience in understanding operational impact on finances, costs, and efficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, evaluate, and direct activities of clinical & non-clinical personnel.
- Successful record in staff development and personnel management.
- Effective, dynamic communicator (written/verbal); with ability to communicate sensitive/tough messages with tact and authenticity.
- Proven ability to manage a complex environment and plan and execute new services’ facilities and operations.
- Demonstrated ability to work within and manage department budget.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in the use of lean principles to drive management and operational processes
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated team-building skills and ability to influence change
- History of constructive and productive working relationships
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Rotating
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started