Registered Nurse, Telemetry - Full Time, Varied Shift
Our nurses are at the core of the interdisciplinary care team providing nurturing, compassionate care to our patients, their families and the communities we serve.
As a nurse at Sutter Health, you’ll appreciate having the best and most innovative technology at your fingertips. Our nurses continuously advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centric healing environment by providing clinical care, treatment, education and advice in a variety of healthcare and community settings.
At Sutter Health, we provide you with a range of opportunities to help you fulfill your professional goals—today and in the future. Learn more about this nursing opportunity and join us at Sutter Health.
- JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Part-Time, Per Diem
- JOB LEVEL: All Levels
- TRAVEL: Home Health & Hospice Only
What makes a successful Sutter Health Registered Nurse? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
Paid Time Off
Holidays, sick days, leaves of absence
Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
Corporate Discount and Perks
Exclusive pricing and discounts at a variety of retailers
ResponsibilitiesJob ID MMCM-1825793 Date Posted 01/07/2019 Location Modesto, California
The RN assures that physiological, psychosocial, safety, learning, rehabilitative, spiritual, cultural, and self-care needs of patients and families are addressed.
The RN actively participates in supporting and meeting the hospital’s goals for patient satisfaction and national quality core measures.
The RN is evaluated based on the Benner model of clinical competence. This model recognizes the process of professional development, which moves from beginning understanding and application of nursing principles to expert practice acquired through experience and formal training. Five primary domains define nursing care at MMC: Nursing Process, Clinical Knowledge and Decision Making, Nurse Patient Relationship, Collaboration, and Leadership. It is recognized that RNs develop skills and abilities as they synthesize knowledge while moving through defined stages of learning. The evaluation is based on how the individual meets defined standards.
- Current and valid licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California or must obtain prior to commencement of employment.
- Minimum of one (1) year recent experience (within the past five (5) years) working as a Registered Nurse in an acute care facility or successful completion of MMC’s Clinical Nurse Resident (CNR) program, in departments where the CNR program is available.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of nursing process in addressing physical, psychosocial, and psychological needs of patients.
- Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of unit specific age criteria for patient population.
- Must demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Timely completion of unit specific orientation and competencies.
- Ability to navigate and perform required electronic documentation for the job using a windows based system.
- Ability to read, write, hear and verbally communicate in English to the degree required to perform the job.
- Must possess a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate.
- Must be able to travel in accordance with any requirements of your job (if MMC and/or own vehicle used on MMC business, must possess valid California Driver’s License and upon request proof of liability insurance).
- Must also meet department specific requirements for applicable department (See Department Specific Requirement below).
- Physical & Mental Requirements: See attached Statement of Physical & Environmental Factors and A35 Mental Components.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing.
- National certification in area of specialty.
- Greater than one (1) year of working experience in a similar unit with comparable patient acuity
Telemetry – 106170 – CNR program is available in this department:
1.Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certificate or must obtain within 90-days of employment.
2.Current EKG certificate or must obtain within six (6) months of hire.
3.Six (6) months recent acute care experience in Cardiac Care or successful completion of MMC’s CNR program.
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Night
Shift Hours: 12 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 72
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.