Thank you for your interest in working within the Sutter Health System. Our organization is implementing two exciting enhancements, a transition of the technology that supports our employment application process and the realignment of our jobs to a common career framework across our system. These changes will further enhance the career development experience for our employees and applicants. As a result of this change, there may be adjustments to job descriptions, job postings, and job titles between May and July 2022. Any impacts on you as an applicant will be shared directly with you throughout the selection process. Thank you for your patience and continued interest in working for Sutter Health!
Registered Nurse, Gastrointestinal Lab, PACUJob ID R-1681 Date Posted 07/01/2022 Location Modesto, California Schedule/Shift Regular/Days
Organization:MMC-Memorial Medical Center
Position Overview:***Sign On Bonus Potential, up to $20,000 based on unit experience***
Accountable for the assessment, coordination delivery and evaluation of nursing care, including direct patient care, patient/family education and transitions of care in an acute patient setting. Delivers holistic and individualized care to all patients in an assigned area. Develops, implements, and coordinates a plan of care that incorporates psychological, sociocultural, spiritual, economic, and life-style factors. Fosters and maintains collaborative relationships between patients, their family/support group, physicians, and other healthcare providers through timely and effective communications. Adheres to hospital polices, industry standards, best practices, and applicable laws and regulations to promote an optimal patient experience.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- RN-Registered Nurse of California
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider
- 2 years nursing experience or successful completion of a Sutter Health Nursing Residency Program
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrated general knowledge and competence with regard to nursing theories, concepts and practices; medical terminology; anatomy; and physiology.
- Working knowledge of the healthcare industry, safety precaution policies, best practices regarding patient care and privacy, and changes in local/state/federal regulations.
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse audiences, including non-medical people.
- Time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize patient care, assignments and work within standardized policies, procedures, and practices to achieve objectives and meet time sensitive activities.
- Basic knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Outlook).
- Work independently as well as be part of the team, while accomplishing multiple interventions in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to communicate and engage team members, patients and families in a variety of stressful situations.
- Use existing procedures and critical thinking to identify and solve routine or complex problems
- Ensure the privacy of each patient’s protected health information (PHI).
- Build collaborative relationships with peers and other healthcare providers to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies, procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
License/Certifications:BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider - American Heart Association, RN-Registered Nurse of California - California Department of Consumer Affairs
Education:Associate of Nursing (Required)
Days of the Week:Variable
Weekend Requirements:Rotating Weekends
Number of Openings:0
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Apply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started