Patient Access RepresentativeJob ID SAH-2010147 Date Posted 08/01/2020 Location Jackson, California Schedule/Shift On-Call/ Variable
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Certification from a technical school preferred.
- Completion of Medical terminology course preferred.
- CHAA certification preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance authorization required to include Managed Care, Medicare, and Medi-Cal and other commercial payers requirements.
- Medical terminology required and expertise must be demonstrated.
- Knowledge of Patient Registration Process required.
- Knowledge of EMTALA and Consent Laws required.
- Use of Microsoft Outlook e-mail required.
- Knowledge of Community Resources required.
- Effective verbal and written English skills.
- Knowledge to utilize all IT applications within the Patient Access department, including, but not limited to MS4, Document Imaging, Navicare, Internet Insurance Verification, AETS, Kronos, eLearning, Public Folders, etc.
- Ability to understand variances in payer requirements based on type of service and/or procedure, for inpatients and outpatients preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate payer requirements to patients and/or patients’ family members.
- Ability to maintain quality standards and proficient performance standards during high activity and/or stressful situations required.
- Demonstrated ability to organize/prioritize and handle multiple demands and interruptions while maintaining a high energy, flexible, and optimistic attitude.
- Use of industry utilized insurance verification systems (HDX, IDX, and POS, etc.) an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize a variety of computer applications and access specific Internet Web sites for information and become competent in any other new technology that is introduced and becomes departmental standard.
- Able to work independently.
- Ability to maintain quality standards and proficient performance standards during high activity and /or stressful situations must be demonstrated.
- Two years experience in a healthcare setting or insurance related field preferred.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- The Patient Access Registrar Proficient Level answers multiple requests for information/direction or refers these requests to appropriate source.
- The Patient Access Registrar Proficient has the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written and oral instructions also has the ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Able to verify insurance benefits, and initiate authorizations.
- Can provide in depth understanding and guidance to coworkers and contribute to improve department service levels as identified.
- This position contributes actively to department improvement activities.
- This position may serve actively in the mentor role for new employees and must participate in the peer review process.
- Employees in this position may represent the department in meetings both internal and external, may be requested to act in interim positions and may conduct special in-services for peers as arranged.
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Every Other Weekend
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: On-Call
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/VeteransApply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started