OR Manager RN-Service LineJob ID PAMF-1904441 Date Posted 09/11/2019 Location Fremont, California Schedule/Shift Full Time / Day
Job Summary: The Manager V provides daily operations management to assigned areas of the service line at PAMF. The Manager V works closely with the medical group (PAFMG) partners and the Service Line Director in assessing value of program development, integration and optimization of patient care within and beyond the service line.
Responsible for management of daily operations; demonstrates thorough understanding of financial systems for budget management, work contents and processes; HR policies and procedures; and IT systems. Role models behavior, supports learning of others and practices management within a lean operating system. Oversees all daily processes to ensure efficiency; directs staff (either directly or through supervisors). The Manager will act as mentor and coach to enable problem solving and will develop smooth functioning teams with a focus on the triple aim: affordability, quality, and satisfaction.
Requires appropriate clinical licensure or certification to evaluate and oversee Registered Nurses.
- Provides direction to department staff which may include supervisors, clinical and clerical support staff.
- Promotes excellent customer service in line with PAMFCARES philosophy.
- Responds to patient complaints and interfaces with QA department as necessary.
- Promotes strong communication with staff and physicians both intra and inter departmentally. Regularly communicates with staff on department issues, protocols and changes in procedure. Communicates, interprets, supports and enforces PAMF and Sutter Health policies.
- Continuously works on procedures to promote smooth patient flow and utilizes lean principles to drive process improvement and set team goals.
- Strategizes with SL leadership and MD dyad partners to develop standardized, centralized infrastructure, and data-driven standard operations, as appropriate.
- Demonstrates understanding of financial systems in order to contribute to budget development and ongoing management of department budget to align with strategic goals, including optimizing affordability of services. Understands financial relationship with medical group.
- Act as leader and champion to new ideas that contribute to clinical excellence.
- Monitors and analyzes performance of staff and departments. Utilizes daily management system to establish key measurements for department; sets standards and develops goals to continuously meet or exceed standard.
Manages Human Resources:
- Coaches, mentors and motivates staff to work in a collaborative and efficient manner to meet the department goals. Holds staff accountable, attaining objectives and other key job accountabilities.
- Completes annual performance reviews on a timely basis assuring compliance with PAMF and Sutter Health standards. Ensures that staff is complying with Scope of Practice.
- Develops standard staffing structure to ensure consistent clinic operations including hiring of personnel.
Organizational Relations and Personal Competence:
- Keeps abreast of industry and market trends relative to healthcare.
- Maintains appropriate licensure and/or certification.
- Participates in intra-department and/or intra-affiliate initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
Required:Bachelor's Or equivalent education/experience; Registered Nurse - State Licensure - RN
- Minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible work experience
- Minimum three (3) years proven leadership experience in a large , complex clinic setting including experience driving change management
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in the use of Lean to improve management and operational processes
- Strong knowledge and experience understanding operational impact on finances, costs and efficiencies
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started