Home Health AideJob ID SCH-1825805 Date Posted 01/04/2019 Location Crescent City, California Schedule/Shift Part Time / Day
As a member of the Home Health team the Home Health Aide provides personal care and related non-professional household services necessary to meet the hygiene, ADL, and comfort needs of the home bound patient. The Home Health Aide reports to the RN Clinical Supervisor. Under the direction of licensed nurses or therapists, manages multiple demands in an ever-changing environment. The Home Health Aide receives functional guidance and supervision from the RN/PT/OT Case Manager. Essential Job Duties Include & Are Not Limited To: Provides personal care and related non-professional household services necessary to meet the hygiene, ADL and comfort needs of the home bound patient. Provides general nursing care under the supervision of licensed staff according to plan of care. Will complete 5-6 visits per 8 hour day with all documentation completed timely. All other related duties as assigned.
Education / Certification / Licensure:
* High School Diploma required
* CA certification as a Certified Home Health Aide
* OR certification as a Certified Home Health Aide obtained within 6 months of hire.
* CA Drivers License, reliable transportation and proof of auto liability insurance
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
* One year experience as CNA in ACF / SNF preferred.
* One or more years of experience as a Home Health Aide preferred.
* Basic knowledge of ADL's and interventions appropriate for specific age groups from infant to geriatrics with main focus on adults to geriatrics.
* Knowledge of Title 22 desirable.
* Good organization skills a must.
* Requires the ability to prioritize duties and have good time management skills.
* Must have effective English, written and verbal communications skills.
* Bilingual skills preferred.
* Ability to work as part of a interdisciplinary team and make meaningful contributions to the development of the plan of care.
* Knowledge of medical terminology, healthcare practices, and universal precautions.
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Part Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 48
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started