RN Case Manager Per Diem DaysJob ID SMCCV-1813097 Date Posted 02/01/2019 Location Castro Valley, California
- BS in one of following: Nursing or Health related field. Master in nursing, case management or other health related field preferred.
- National Certification in Case Management (i.e. ACM, ANA RN-BC Case Management) preferred.
- Current California RN licensure required.
- Minimum of three (3) years in acute medical/surgical/ED/ or critical care nursing area required. Masters of Nursing in Case Management in lieu of three (3) years in acute medical/surgical/ED/ or critical care nursing area may be considered for employment at director's discretion.
- Previous Case Management experience preferred.
- Experience utilizing electronic InteQual or other standardized criteria strongly preferred.
- Experience with clinical assessment for patient with complex medical, emotional and social needs.
- Experience using an electronic medical record system.
- Experience and knowledge with MIDAS preferred.
- Previous leadership abilities preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation skills.
- A broad knowledge base of health care delivery and case management within a managed care environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Utilization Review, levels of care, and observation status
- Some awareness of healthcare reimbursement systems: HMO, PPO, PPS,CMS preferred
- Post-acute levels of care such as Home Health, Hospice, AIM, and Palliative Care. SNF, LTAC, B&C, Sub-acute, Acute rehab
- General Knowledge of coding and DRG assignment process preferred.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with, and promote cooperation and collaboration between individuals including patients/families/caretakers, physicians, nurses and other ancillary partners.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment in interactions with physicians, payers, and patients and their families.
- Demonstrates commitment to service excellence in all patient, family and employee interactions and in performing all job responsibilities.
- Functions in a manner to promote quality patient care and assure a positive patient experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent time management skills to develop organized work processes in a high-volume environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Ability to promote teamwork and to effectively function in teams.
- Ability to interact effectively with key internal and external constituents using collaboration, and customer service skills that promote excellence in the patient experience.
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Every Other Weekend
Schedule: Per Diem
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: Per Diem
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.