Sonographer II - Burlingame (Days, PT)
Our imaging professionals care for patients and their family members in collaboration with clinicians to provide imaging services of the utmost quality.
At Sutter Health, you’ll have access to industry-leading technology as well as the opportunity to develop your career, whether that’s working in multiple modalities, moving into the CT, MRI or cardiac cath lab, or pursuing other fulfilling paths.
If you’re a gifted communicator with the flexibility to meet patient needs, take your place on our team. Explore this opportunity and join us today.
- JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Part-Time
- JOB LEVEL: Mid-Level
What makes a successful Sutter Health Imaging professional? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Digitally savvy
- Technologically savvy
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
Paid Time Off
Holidays, sick days, leaves of absence
Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
Corporate Discount and Perks
Exclusive pricing and discounts at a variety of retailers
ResponsibilitiesJob ID MPHS-1825775 Date Posted 01/10/2019 Location Burlingame, California
The Sonographer II performs routine and specialized cardiac and or vascular (diagnostic cerebrovascular and peripheral vascular) ultrasound procedures on pediatric, adult and geriatric patients. They plan, coordinate and schedule patients for these procedures and process and manage all data and reports related to the procedures performed.
Performs diagnostic cardiac or vascular ultrasound examinations with minimal supervision upon the written order of a physician. These procedures include, but are not limited to the following:
• M-Mode, two dimensional, spectral and color flow Doppler evaluations, transesophogeal
echocardiograms, stress echocardiograms and/or basic adult echocardiograms and/or pediatric ultrasound procedures.
• Carotid, venous and arterial vascular ultrasound duplex examinations and Doppler examinations.
• All procedures are performed in accordance to established policies and procedures in an efficient and accurate manner.
• Sonographer follows established ultrasound imaging methods, techniques and procedures relying on expertise and knowledge of complicated equipment and procedures to acquire images of optimal quality and completeness for diagnosis of cardiac and or vascular disease.
• Performs on-line and off-line measurements and calculations from acquired images and tracings as appropriate, deriving a preliminary descriptive analysis of test results. Notifies the appropriate reading panel physician when any urgent or life threatening abnormality is identified or suspected.
• Shares responsibility with other cardiac and/or vascular sonographers for on-going call program for emergency off-hours patients. Must be able to response within 45 minutes to patient’s location.
- High School Diploma
- Registered Vascular Technologist - RVT/Cardiac Echo sonographer or equivalent
- A minimum of two years working as a vascular or cardiac sonographer with certification
by the ARDMS.
- Completion of an accredited cardiac or vascular ultrasound training program is highly desirable.
Skills & Knowledge
- Proficient in using Philips iE33 Ultrasound Equipment. Proficiency in using Philips Xcelera data base for imaging and writing reports.
- Must be proficient in obtaining quality clear images for either cardiac or vascular ultrasound. Have the ability and training to obtain numerous specific ultrasound studies (e.g. arterial and venous upper and lower extremities; TTE and TEE procedures).
- Position requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a rapidly changing environment and take appropriate actions in emergent situations.
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Part Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 40
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.