Security Officer (In-House)Job ID MPHS-1825735 Date Posted 02/25/2019 Location Burlingame, California
Maintains safe and secure environment for patients, employees and general public by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel. Observer and reports any unusual activity while on patrol. Intervenes in difficult and sometimes physical situations to ensure the safety of patient, visitors, staff and physicians.
Principal accountabilities include:
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property and provides a safe and secure environment to staff and visitors
- Patrols interior and exterior of the facilities and off-site buildings
- Observes and assesses behavior while on patrol to deter incidents and ensure activity is not detrimental to the organization
- Monitors surveillance equipment, inspects buildings, equipment, garages and access points and prevents losses and damages by reporting irregularities
- Responds to emergency codes, fire drills and alarms
- Provides security education and may conduct fire drills for the Safety Department
- Provides orderly and adequate parking for staff and visitors.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid California Drivers License to operate hospital vehicles
- Current BLS certification
- Valid California BSIS Security Guard Card (or to obtain within 2 months of hire)
- Prior working experience in a Security role within a healthcare environment preferred
- Experience using security software applications.
- Previous law enforcement training and experience preferred
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Every Weekend
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started