RN Case Manager, Point of Entry/Family Birth Center, BAY AREA (Full Time Days)Job ID MPHS-1818503 Date Posted 01/11/2019 Location Burlingame, California
- Current California RN licensure required.
- Basic Life Support Certification - BLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required. Master in nursing, case management or other health related field preferred.
- National Certification in Case Management (i.e. ACM, ANA RN-BC Case Management) upon hire or within 18 months of hire date for experienced case managers.
- Newly trained case managers: National certification as noted above, within 24 months of hire.
- Three or more year’s clinical experience in acute medical/surgical or critical care practice area.
- In lieu of 3 years clinical experience noted above, Masters degree in Case Management with clinical residency from acute medical/surgical practice area at a Sutter Health Affiliate.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation skills.
- A broad knowledge base of health care delivery and case management within a managed care environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Utilization Review, levels of care, and observation status
- Some awareness of healthcare reimbursement systems: HMO, PPO, PPS,CMS preferred
- Post-acute levels of care such as Home Health, Hospice, AIM, and Palliative Care. SNF, LTAC, B&C, Sub-acute, Acute rehab
- General Knowledge of coding and DRG assignment process preferred.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with, and promote cooperation and collaboration between individuals including patients/families/caretakers, physicians, nurses and other ancillary partners.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment in interactions with physicians, payers, and patients and their families.
- Demonstrates commitment to service excellence in all patient, family and employee interactions and in performing all job responsibilities.
- Functions in a manner to promote quality patient care and assure a positive patient experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent time management skills to develop organized work processes in a high-volume environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Ability to promote teamwork and to effectively function in teams.
- Ability to interact effectively with key internal and external constituents using collaboration, and customer service skills that promote excellence in the patient experience.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment, directing patient care services within and external to hospital setting.
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: One Weekend a Month
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.